1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manu Ginobili

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fefo, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Fefo

Fefo Member

TP marvels at Manu’s toughness by Tim Griffin

Tony Parker understood that something was wrong with Manu Ginobili.

But he had no conception that Ginobili was playing with what amounted to a broken right arm during the playoffs.

“It’s hard to believe,” Parker said about Ginobili’s gutty display in the playoffs. “Obviously, you could see he was a little bit hurt. He wasn’t 100 percent, but I didn’t know he was that bad.”

Ginobili was involved in a grinding collision between Tim Duncan and Phoenix’s Grant Hill in the final regular-season game on April 13. After that, Ginobili played the final five games of the playoffs with a fractured ulna, one of the two long bones running from his wrist to elbow.

Despite playing with his injured arm in a bulky brace, Ginobili averaged a team-leading 20.6 points per game against the Grizzlies.

“That just tells you how strong he is mentally and he’ll do anything to try to help us win,” Parker said. “I knew he wanted to play in Game 1, too. He’s that crazy.

“But I didn’t know he had a fracture. I respect him a lot. It’s crazy for him to play in that series with that kind of injury.”

Do u guys think that now that TD is almost retired he can be traded? IS there any chance we can trade for him? This is the kind of player that makes teammates better. The spurs are probably done, so maybe they will start rebuilding. thoughts?

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They're not "done", at least not in their eyes....TP said they were and they basically told him to quit tripping. Their going to ride those 3 until they drop and Manu won't be worth much then.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they're*

And he's also earning a ton of money. He'll be 36 by the time they let him go at the end of his contract.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I pray that the Rox don't trade for Ginobody.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

I wish they could, but only if he was younger. Very few rival Ginobili's heart to win. He's a winner at all levels.

6. Fefo

Fefo Member

your nickname honors your comments. I think that if we could really get it for cheap he can help us grow a lot.