1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manu Ginobili

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Albert Einstain, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Albert Einstain

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

San Antonio spurs have won four championships in the past ten years ,should it be only owed to Tim Duncan . no , of course not .
    To be honest , Tim Duncan is not as capable as KG ,the only reason why KG hasn't won a championship before joining the celtics is just that his timberwolves teammates are too bad to give KG a little bit help .The only superstar KG had played with in Minnisota is just Marbury who usually do more harmful things than beneficial ones to his team .Say the function of Marbury is negative in stead of positive . KG had proven that he can go into the conference finals with some good players who needn't to be very good though .But duncan has many world-class assistants like Manu , Parker ,Barry and Horry,Finley,etc .Among all Tim's assistants , Manu is undoubtedly the most important one ,and the spurs' achievement should be owed to Manu at about 30 percent . Half for Tim and the other spurs share the rest .Manu know how to lead his team to victory , and he can dominate the game night in and night out .Manu will be gonna help us and he has a good tarcit understanding with scola .

The spurs are trying to trade him , I assume . As Tim and Manu are getting older and older , the spurs are striving to rebuild gradually instead of occasionally .Manu may be still important for them but they know it's time for them to make a long term plan .Their blue print is making their team younger without giving up season game status .They don't care if they are not able to win the title in the following two or three years because they have already got sufficient titles .Maybe we don't need him right now because we have too many 2/3s on team . However, what if we are not able to win the title in the upcoming season and artest doesn't do a good job . Should we re-sign Ron or make a sing&trade for Manu ? Or trade battier n luther n exception for Manu right now ?

I think it's better to trade Shane and luther as a package for manu before the upcoming season begins .You know ,battier will have to be a bench roster in the upcoming season or ron ron will be on the bench but ron ron aren't gonna be satisfied to be just a back up player .And it's a talent-wasting to let Shane play as a backup player ,then it's good to trade shane for bench player .Manu is used to being a bench up player so he'll have no reluctance sitting on the bench .You know , the spurs can find a younger guy to take Bowen's stack and we get a general . that's a trade that benefits both teams .I really hope morey will be able to land manu and we'll be gonna win the title with big four in stead of big three .
    Yao /Scola /Artest/Tmac/Rafer?(manu may appear as line up PG )
    Manu? Brent ,SF3 ...
    Then well inherit spurs' experience with three former spurs ( Manu, Brent n Scola ,even though Scola hasn't played for spurs at all)
    I urgly expect Manu Ginobili who can bring us the championship .

2. astros148

astros148 Member

are you r****ded?

3. rocketanalyist

I didn't want to say it myself, but man I have to wonder about this!

4. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Look at he's other posts and you can only come to one conclusion....^^^^

5. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

And he calls himself Albert Einstine. oh the irony. :D

6. joesr

joesr Member

I've actually thought about Manu as well and it was funny because I was thinking if it ever happened Houston would become a starting 5 international team. 1 from China 2 from Argentina, hah.

But as I was doing my lil salary research and years left and all that I came across some problems as well.

You say Ron Ron won't be happy off the bench even though he made it publically clear he will do as instructed. But lets say for debate purpose he will not be happy and will hold it inside. That would mean Ginoblie would be benched? But he was a previous 6th man for the Spurs so maybe?

Also, Battier is needed this year incase Ron ron doesnt work out and also for leadership roles with Ron Ron.

But look at it from Spurs point of view. Why the hell do they want Battier and Head and a TE since those salaries dont match up?

Manu ofcourse hurt his ankle and Coach wasnt too happy with him doing the whole olympics thing but still, Manu is a bad arse player and that trade just isnt worth it for them.

7. rocketanalyist

Although I will say that his other thread regarding who will be our biggest rival was a good topic, but I still couldn't bother to read through all of what he said because it wasn't flowing for me. I don't try to pick on people's english language skilss because I know that for many here english is their second or sometimes even third or fourth language. Their lack of master in English and bad grammer doesn't mean that they are not very smart people.
    But this thread is not good because of the content, regardless of the language skills.

On a simple side note ronnymac, I think I have seen you use "he's" instead of "his" on a few posts. It's no big deal, but "he's" is short for "he is";"his" is a personal possessive pronoun showing ownership. Please don't take offense...Im just sharing in a friendly way.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Manu for Shane and Head would be high robbery in our part.

The Spurs would have to be r****ded to do that move, it would remove them from the discussion as far as being a contender. Their big 3 would become what the Rockets have been up to this point, just a big 2. We all know how that's worked out.

9. ekim

ekim Member

10. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

I got no problem with individuals skills of the english language. i am not one to judge anyone on that. :D . but he tends to make some crazy posts . my jest of the argument is that he's posts tend to be quiet outlandish. be it with perfect english or not so perfect english. this thread exhibit A. comeon, the chances of us landing ginobolli for battier are zero.

first with bowen battier on the same, team, makes zero sense for the spurs.

two there not going to trade a allstar for a very good role player.

11. Albert Einstain

Oh , I appreciate you post ,man . I think we have many points in common because all your posts I've seen are showing just what I want to speak out .So I salute you with both of my hands , or even with my two feet if possible.
    I really appreciate this thread ,man .
    I also think that Les should open up his purse( I know the purse is always used by females , I use this word to show that Les doesn't show the generosity that a real man should have .) and give Morey some more money to re-sign deke n Landry .The problems of landry and deke's re-signing absolutely come from the mean boss .All our roster are pretty good , the only rocket that should be cut off is just Mr Les Alexanda ( I hope I didn't misspell the mean boss's name ) .You know ,we should respect others' names , especially the family name . Even though Les is rather mean , his name is still respectable .
    I'm an idiot but I'm still positive that Houson Rockets will win the championship in the upcoming season , with or without Manu . I just think we can win the title a little bit easier if we have Manu .If you have Manu , then you'll know the dishes clearly(it'll be better if some pictures are availible) and order the ones fit your appetite .
    Manu can help us in the restraunts , and similarly , in the stadiums . :cool:

I don't intend to use the same name of the greatest phyicist for the respectation to him . That doesn't mean I don't know how to spell his name .I misuse his name in order to show that I wish to be as good as him , as that I'm also working on Physics .

12. Albert Einstain

Albert Einstein is my idol .

13. LoveRoxHateJazz

:confused: GARM?

Manu Ginobili for BATTIER, HEAD, and a TRADE EXCEPTION?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUTbd4O7oo8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUTbd4O7oo8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

...and you ASSume they want to trade Manu, who just turned 31 for Battier who is 30, Luther Head who has negative trade value, and a trade exception? Because Manu is getting older?

You do know you can not combine a players salary with a trade exception?

Duncan still has 5-6 good years left in him. He is only 32 and his game doesn't rely much on athleticism. This is the team that won 3 of the last 6 NBA championships, why would they break it up?

14. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Well KG is not as fundamentally sound on the low block as Duncan...as for Ginobili his playing style has worn him down and at 31 I see him starting to decline soon.

15. joesr

joesr Member

Guy, I think the Rockets Admin already made it clear that they want Landry to do the scans before any deals are given. Landry hasn't done so so they only dropped a low ball offer for now. But he has made it perfectly clear he will match any offers. Does that not speak for it self?

I simply do not understand why people can just say spend your money. Why would anyone in their right mind spend money on uncertainties? When Landry came back he wasn't the prvious Landry we saw. As much as I want him back on the team I wouldn't want to blow my future dollars on a bum knee or whatever his situation is now. I've read a lot of post where everyone says it not much money or it wont hurt our cap room but dyaaaamn that. Every penny counts and the bills start to add up. Further more! The only reason Deke hasn't resigned and Dorsey on that matter is because of the hold up on Landry. Once he is signed those two will be signed and their amounts will depend on Landry's scan result.

16. Albert Einstain

I appciate your post too ,man . I have a belief that ' nothing is impossible' ,and Albert Einstein also has the same belief so that he founded the theory of relativity . If we just do all the things in the traditional way , then no break through would be generated . The trade Bjax and two draft picks for Ron Ron seems a crazy trade but that actually happened . If you take the former trade we have excuted with spurs in consideration ,then you may find that they have been helping us .Don't you think they 'll help us again to take the champion cup back to the western conference ? You know ,no team in the west is willing to see a eastern team dominating the league .And Manu is descending continually , why not trade him for some younger players and grate from a texan brother team ?

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i dont know where to start. :confused:

18. joesr

joesr Member

One Point: The Ron Artest trade? He was making it publically known that he had no desire to stay on the team. In fact he was doing so much negative that he was losing trade value. This ofcourse gave us the upperhand for a better return value.

Another Point: While it would seem to make the Spurs mentally disabled as some had posted, remember that Popovich isn't entirely pleased with the fact the Ginobli went to the olympics (being that they knew about the ankles) and the fact that he got hurt over in China pushed this topic with him. So while Manu is one of the teams better contributors it wouldn't suprise me if the Spurs were trying to get rid of Manu but again its not gonna be for Shane alone and Luther doesn't make that trade look any better. Maybe adding Brooks as a back-up to parker might be more intriguing as they get more younger with that.

As well to a previous comment about Bowen mixed with Battier, Bowen is just getting old. Battier will still be playing after he is done.

19. MONON

MONON Member

Get seraless!!! Da Spurs ain't gonna twade Goe!! Gust thot id voice my repli inna manor Einstain culd reed!

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Actually he calls himself Albert Einstain.

That pretty much explains everything.