1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto: Let the hype begin

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by da1, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Dei

Dei Member

I thought Mayweather was the one who initiated that exchange so seeing Roach swipe at Cotto is giving me a second impression of the guy. Oh well, it's a non-issue. What is, however, is that Cotto, practically, doesn't have a trainer.

2. wreck

wreck Member

PAQUIAOS NOT MEXICAN????

I swear he looks like at least 15 of my mexican relatives. this guy in mexico city would definitely blend in with the locals. LOL

Anyway this dude kicks ass, im a big fan of his work. its kinda like when you watch manning go to work, its simply masterful even if youre a texan fan.

3. what

what Member

I am also not too keen on the undercard. Chavez is really not that exciting of a draw for me.

I don't know this is like more hyped fight for me. I don't see a slug fest I think that Pac might have to run a lot and I don't like that.

4. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

We are talking bout a Pacquiao boxin match, not Mayweather's.

1 person likes this.
  5. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

I read somewhere that Cotto's trainer is calling himself the best in the world, as well as taking shots at Roach before Roach ever said anything.

Also Mike Kronzc(?), Pacquiao's advisor seems like a complete leech. Word is no one else in Manny's camp likes him. Its not just the strength coach. Roach ever said it was the biggest mistake in his life in introducing Kronzc to Manny.

6. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Member

I always thought people from South America/Spain/ and the Philippines were somewhat related.

7. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Member

If there were only 3 race White, Black, and Asian

where did the Hispanic come from

(I know from Spain... but which race)

I was told that Hispanic is not a race but a culture?

8. Dei

Dei Member

We need a link to that Persians are not Asians thread.

9. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

Race is nothing but an illusion. We're so genetically similar that there could be more of a difference within one's own race than between other. A black guy is a white guy with a better tan. :p

1 person likes this.
  10. what

what Member

I'm not saying that pac is not going to fight, but he won't stand toe to toe with Cotto. I just won't believe that. He is going to maximize his only tue avantage which is speed. He'll come in and hit but he won't be staying in too long before moving away.

11. jello77

jello77 Member

I'm so ready for this fight...I'm hoping that Pacman wins and goes on to take on Mayweather, but watching 24/7 on HBO makes me a little nervous as they have shown Pacquiao doing nothing but making TV appearances and filming movies and Cotto training...that and Cotto is like 37-1 and his loss to Margarito was very questionable as to whether it was legit or whether Margarito had plaster in his gloves.

However, if Manny wins it's going to be because his trainer is the best in the world...Freddie Roach will make sure Pacman is ready on fight night. I'm going to stick with my boy and say Pacquiao wins by TKO in the 5th.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Yes or in vice versa, An Asian guy has a black guy sized penis...

13. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Member

alot of their ancestry is from the indigenous people that lived in pre-columbian america.

14. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

GO MANNY!

15. ms.brick

ms.brick New Member

I am going for pacquiao too!.. he is a very good boxer.. :cool:

16. MoBalls

MoBalls Member

After watching 24/7...I might just order this fight.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Neat little footage on Pacman's road to success..

<object classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' id='a73ghiu6' width='432' height='415'><param name='movie' value='http://images.video.msn.com/flash/customplayer/1_0/customplayer.swf' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#ffffff' /><param name='wmode' value='transparent' /><param name='base' value='.' /><param name='flashvars' value='configCsid=MSNVideo&fg=&from=sp&brand=foxsports&mkt=en-us&configName=syndicationplayer&player.v=c597de1b-0150-4955-9da0-e9766190d124&linkoverride=http%3A%2F%2Fmsn.foxsports.com%2Fvideo%3Fvid%3D&' /><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><embed src="http://images.video.msn.com/flash/customplayer/1_0/customplayer.swf" width="432" height="415" id="a73ghiu6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" bgColor="#ffffff" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" base="." flashvars="configCsid=MSNVideo&fg=&from=sp&brand=foxsports&mkt=en-us&configName=syndicationplayer&player.v=c597de1b-0150-4955-9da0-e9766190d124&linkoverride=http%3A%2F%2Fmsn.foxsports.com%2Fvideo%3Fvid%3D&"></embed><noembed><a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&from=sp&vid=c597de1b-0150-4955-9da0-e9766190d124" target="_new" title="Cubed: Manny Pacquiao's Punchout">Video: Cubed: Manny Pacquiao's Punchout</a></noembed></object>

18. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

can you pls post the link? thanks.

19. clutch citizen

How much is this ppv for comcast hd?

20. VanityHalfBlack