1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto: Let the hype begin

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by da1, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Prince

Prince Member

You filipino?

2. da1

da1 Member

No Indian lol

3. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

In a lot of peoples' eyes he lost the fight against Clottey too.

:eek:

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He beat oscar and oscar now days is around 160.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'm pretty sure "+" means underdog. Which makes Pacquiao the favorite.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

and 36 years old.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Pacquiao will beat the piss out of Cotto.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Oscar also said Manny was the fastest he had ever faced. Of course its possible that at 36 everything seems faster than it did 10 years ago.

9. da1

da1 Member

Yea but Oscar was a 4 to 1 favorite and if I recall all the media polled for the fight except 2 had Oscar winning. Respected writers like Thomas Hauser were saying it was a mismatch. Well, it was, but not the way anyone expected it to be :cool:

[​IMG]

10. Prince

Prince Member

Nice shot.

@Sam

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

That's nice. All I'm saying is that a 29 year old Cotto is not likely to suffer from the same level of speed disadvantage that a 36 year old de la Hoya did.

12. da1

da1 Member

The official art poster

[​IMG]

13. what

what Member

The fights I am waiting to see is the Gambo-Mtagwa fight. This is the tune up fight for the gambo-lopez fight. Mtagwa is a baaaad man.

14. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Member

Hoping I can find the fight online again for the last few big fights ... I really wish Boxing would move away from this PPV scheme and into more major network TV deals. It would really allow Boxing to take off as a sport again IMO.

15. da1

da1 Member

The exposure on network television is unparalelled. The best PPV buyrate ever was 2.4 million for Mayweather/De La Hoya. 14 million people watch national football telecasts on average each week. The promoters are too lazy to actually promote and get advertisers and in return advertisers and networks lost trust in boxing with all the crooked decisions and people involved in boxing. For the right rating they would get together again though. Fedor made it to CBS why not boxing.

16. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DVG_LdDSzOU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DVG_LdDSzOU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

18. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

I'm far from a boxing aficionado, but 24/7 on HBO's easily one of my favorite shows.

What's the deal with Pacquiao's camp? The strength coach and Manny's personal assistant are at each other's throats, and Freddie Roach is an arrogant ass-clown - no reason to take a shot at Cotto's trainer. I found it interesting that Bob Aram, who promotes both Cotto and Pacquiao, came to Cotto's defense and was at his camp in Vegas.

Manny and Cotto are both likeable stars. I found it interesting that Manny filmed a Filipino film portraying him as a superhero. Also, Manny plays basketball on a daily basis, and he's pretty damn good. They showed clips of him going behind his back and attacking the rim in a pick-up game.

Cotto's a real laid back guy - cracking jokes with his crew, swimming at his rented mansion in Florida, and just hanging out with his family.

The fight should be interesting, especially since Cotto's lone loss to Margarito is disputed due to the glove issue.

19. Prince

Prince Member

great choice of song Manny. "Sometimes when we tough". He dedicated it to Cotto :).

they'll surely be touching inside the court :)

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I don't know much about Roach, but I got a feeling he's being an "ass clown" as a part of the fight plan to put doubt in Cotto's mind so that he is more likely to "go rogue" during the fight and not follow the game plan. He did the same thing in the Hatton fight-- kept on saying before the fight how it's a mistake for Floyd Mayweather Sr. to try to change Hatton.