1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto: Let the hype begin

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by da1, Nov 9, 2009.

1. da1

da1 Member

I like Pacquiao in this fight. Cotto is big, strong, very good, but PacMan is left handed and blazing fast. Pac TKO after a few rounds of darting in and out.

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I'm going with Pacquiao on this one. I've enjoyed the 24 series on this matchup. I also see a knockout in the late rounds.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yes, pac wins this fight. then i want the pac/mayweather fight to happen that about 10 of you will reply to this post saying will never happen.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think Cotto is going to have about a 10 lb weight advantage on fight night since he cuts quite a bit, may make a difference.

5. MadMax

what???? sooo unfair!!!! cotto is cheating!!!! it's cheating!!!!

;)

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I remember when he fought DeMarcus Corley a few years ago at Junior WW (140) in Puerto Rico, he weighed in at 157 to Corley's 140. That seems almost unreal, probably scale-related hijinx there.

7. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I like the matchup more then the Hatton v. Pacquaio. However, still think Pacman takes it in 6 rounds. I think he'll be faster then Cotto, and unless Cotto catches him with some power punches in the earlier rounds, Pacman will last out longer on stamina and get the 6-8 round knockout.

8. da1

da1 Member

It will happen too much money for everyone involved for it not to happen.

9. MadMax

i think so too.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Don't mean to derail the thread but did anyone hear that radio interview where some underground rapper ask Floyd all the tough questions and basically exposes Floyd? Pretty interesting. Don't know why Floyd let some rapper get under his skin but it didn't make him look good. Ran his mouth a little too much and said very stupid things.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/676796581a1c2a9e/

11. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I want to see multiple KO, eventually Cotto wins.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't trust Cotto to win this one. He just looked so eminently hittable in that Clottey fight. Even if Pacquiao doesn't have the power to knock Cotto out, he should be able to move fast enough so that Cotto will end up eating a lot more shots than Pacquiao by the end 12 rounds. Without the Puerto Rican Day home court advantage, I doubt Cotto can win on the score cards if that happens.

13. da1

da1 Member

The surprise to me was that the guy was white. RA The Rugged Man an underground rapper from the East Coast.
    [​IMG]

14. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

The judges cards were ridiculous that night; Clottye vs Cotto. Gotta agree with you and say Pacquiao by TKO or decision.

might try to watch the 24/7 series this week

15. Prince

Prince Member

Cotto is heavily favored in Vegas' betting... +200

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That is insane. I am pretty sure everyone things cotto is the underdog. I think cotto has a good chance, but manny has to be favored.

17. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

^^^^^^^
    Manny is the more hyped fighter but this is the first time Manny has fought a pure welterweight. Cotto is a machine and his only lost is because it looks like his opponent had plaster in his wrapping. I got Cotto winning this fight and I see a lot of people have turn on to the Cotto bangwagon. I thought this fight was a bad fight up front for Manny when it was announced. If Cotto pulls this out I see a rematch between the two and see Floyd fighting Mosley Cinco De Mayo weekend.

18. da1

da1 Member

19. da1

da1 Member

Manny vs. Barrera was the first fight I ever saw live and the match that really got me into boxing. I was going to school in Austin at UT and saw an article about this fight in San Antonio so decided to check it out since it was so close and good tickets were only $35. My dad and I were seemingly the only people out of the 8000 Mexicans there cheering for him and it felt good to see him win especially since nobody gave him a chance and the bogus 1st round knockdown. He made a fan out of me that night and has been my favorite boxer since. I'd like to consider myself one of his fans before his giant bandwagon really got going.

20. Prince

Prince Member

No doubt Manny is a great boxer regardless of the outcome of this fight against Cotto. To beat Cotto will place him the greatest ever by winning 7 divisions.