1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manny Pacquiao-King of the Philippines

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by LeoneWestern, Jun 30, 2008.

1. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

another mexican assassinated by pacquiao

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

TOTAL RESPECT for the Mexican Assassin. :eek:

This dude defines SPEED+AGILITY+INTELLIGENCE on the squared-circle.

I like the facial expression on the judge just to the right of the ref on that photo :D... "uhhhh... let's seee... let me change this... knockout, yes... blood, yes... check check..."

EDIT: End of the fight:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KxQbJUZe7jY&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KxQbJUZe7jY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Let me add something... if you can last 9 rounds against Pac-Man, you might be a top contender, but if you lose by opening your guard and allowing Manny to jab his way to knock you down with a straight shot, you're not of the same caliber. I like it when at first they come in with white shorts, then leave with orangish-pinkish-reddish shorts from all that blood.

#3 SwoLy-D, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  4. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

Manny is a caged animal.... You wanna come at him you better have all your tools ready assembled..

5. HipHopSince1981

pacman is a beast..

anybody else enjoy Diaz cursing like crazy during post fight interview?

6. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

I like how Manny tried to help him get up after the knock out... "Here dude let me give you a helping hand, you know the one that knocked you flat on your face".

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Manny is a great fighter. And its hard to hate the guy cause he seems like a very nice dude. I don't see anyone in the lightweight division beating this guy. All the Diazes are not good enough. Casamayor is too old, Katsidis doesn't have the chin. Manny might have to move up to light welterweight before he finds anyone who can touch him. And even then, I don't see Hatton being able to beat Pacquiao.

Edwin Valero may be the only one who stands a chance because of his punching power.

8. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

9. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Does he have another fight scheduled yet?

10. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

I'm hoping he fights Hatton... Win or lose, that will be a classic bout, I'm hoping..

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I thought manny was going to kill that guy. He must have lost a ton of blood.

I think a guy like hatton will be good for manny. He would be facing a stronger fighter.

12. SlvrBtl

SlvrBtl Member

13. bladeage

Hatton would just end up walking into a Manny left hook like he did with Floyd.

14. bladeage

This was when Erik had trouble making weight. Nobody could stop Erik in his prime. He just made the mistake of trying to stick to that same division because he wasn't strong enough to contend in the lightweights when he did move up.

15. Asian Sensation

lol wtf is he doing? sliding home? Either way.... YOU'RE OUT!

16. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

No doubt.

17. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

That was a great fight, but I liked the fact that both men were great sports about it even DURING the match.

And did anyone see Pac-Man try to pick up Diaz after he knocked him down? Apparently he told Diaz that he was too good of a fighter to stay down there as he grabbed his arm. It was a very classy move.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I want to see Pacquiao vs Hatton. The fight I really wanted to see this year was Pavlik vs Calzaghe, but Calzaghe is b****ing out and fighting Roy Jones Jr instead. Calzaghe wants no part of getting his ass handed to him by Pavlik.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The thing is it is too hard to hit floyd, but Mayweather should have one loss on his record against castillo. I think hatton would have a better chance with pacman. If anything at least it will be entertaining.

20. bladeage

whoa so I just found out that Manny is set to fight Edwin Valero in November. That is going to be the fight of the year!!!!! I can't wait!