1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{Mannix} Rockets interested in Ty Lawson despite DUI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jul 17, 2015.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Why not? Stability (on the court) at point guard is needed for both teams but for different reasons. LA would allow him to groom DAngelo. Detroit gets insurance for Jennings in case he doesn't fully heal from the Achilles injury. It's the east. DET probably thinks they can make noise in the east. Lawson will probably be cheap, and he's only in his late 20s.

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Stanley Johnson for detroit.

Lakers have nothing to offer and they won't give up any of their young talent.

Kings are also mentioned in the article. They just signed Rondo and still have Collison.

We're the only team that makes sense, but the fact that those other teams are involved somewhat kills credibility.

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Reggie Jackson is their future at the moment and he played pretty decent when Monroe was out. I think they're going to go with him.

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

BBALCOHOLIC FAINTS! :p

Probably would take all five of them for the salaries to work. I doubt Denver can get a better package than that for him at this point. The only question is do we still include Jones since we lost Smith? We would have to add another solid PF with DMo to sure up the PF position. Can't go into the season depending on the rookies to be the #1 backup with DMo coming off of injury.

5. dje243

dje243 Member

We're losing ground in an arms race. Gotta seize this opportunity. The flexibility is still there to improve the team significantly when the cap goes up. We need playmaking.

6. Ns575

Ns575 Member

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Highly, highly doubt Pistons will offer Johnson.

They would likely offer Jennings (expiring) + small assets like Hillard and or future seconds if anything.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I figured Jackson would be the two guard. Lawson running the point. PHX East, perhaps, with their two scoring-point-guard system.

9. Ns575

Ns575 Member

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would only take the 4 of them, and maybe you use some small ball to eat up some backup PF minutes.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Guys, we should push like crazy for the Kings to take a stupid risk and trade for Lawson.

Then, Morey can pounce on the PG glut and free Darren Collison. Dude is already showing signs of discontent in Sacramento: http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/790297

Yes, Collison may be a bit more expensive, but he is a MUCH safer bet and can do a lot of what Lawson brings to the table.

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Morey would go after Boozer to back up D-Mo..

As much as we don't like Booz, I'm sure we can warm up to him like we did with Jason Terry..

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There is not enough booze in the entire world for me to cope with Boozer being on the Rockets.

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I meant that as in they're going to develop Johnson as their starting 3. I don't think we'll see KCP getting much run at the 3 at all. Kyle Singler, Butler and Prince all got run at the three instead of Pope.

I just don't see why Detroit would want Lawson, but who knows. It doesn't matter. You might be right, and plus I kinda want to sleep. I'll check this thread out in the afternoon so I can see what wild shenanigans clutchfans is about to get into.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Just do it, Terry will keep him in line.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

While I like Collison and would take him without hesitation, Lawson is on another level with his passing ability.

17. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Yeah that's true, you can hold out Nick and it still works on the ESPN trade machine. But like someone else said, maybe we go after Boozer then as the backup PF. Or someone similar if TJones has to be traded.

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Can you imagine Booze on the bench yelling "AND1" everytime Harden drives into the lane. I can. And it's glorious!

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather just use a lot of small ball till Harrell comes along to the point he's not THAT much of a liability.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Fine. Go for it.