1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mannix] Jazz phones "blowing up" about Millsap, Jefferson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThaShark316_28, Feb 23, 2011.

1. ThaShark316_28

Jazz phones "blowing up" with calls about Millsap, Jefferson, source says. Teams trying to see if they can get either on the cheap.

Chris Mannix via Twitter

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Doubt it's the Rockets.

I love Millsap as much as a Rockets fan can love a Jazz player, but we already have Scola and Patterson.

Jefferson is just a another offensive player.

4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Not once did I think this was getting old. It's on rick roll status on clutchfans now

5. AggieRocketsFan

Jefferson is averaging two blocks this season. I wouldn't mind him starting at center although he is still not a 7-footer.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

That was my first thought too: They were that pissed about Deron that they're just going to blow up the team! Wonder if Millsap might be moved?

Then thought #2 came:

They're swapping Williams with Harris (not close to even, but a capable starter), adding Favors as their second big off the bench (a better place for him)...and will have the Nets pick this year (and Warriors the next).

Why have a firesale? They can rebuild on the fly and probably hold on to their playoff spot this year.

This guys don't have their backs against the wall...they're set. They need serious upgrades at the 2 and 3....so they can set the demands high if anyone wants one of their two bigs that badly.

1 person likes this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Jazz should keep Milsap unless someone makes an offer they can't refuse. They shouldn't trade Big Al either unless they get something very good in return.

If they feel Tyrone Corbin is over his head, maybe they end up having a fire sale and trash this season. They could have traded D-Will and kept Sloan.

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Why have a fire sale if you end up with worse pieces to build around?

From what I understand, the team recognized that Sloan probably was close to the end anyway. Lots of rumblings that he wasn't putting in the time and effort that he had "in his prime" - something that was feeding Deron's frustrations.

I'm guessing that the not so quiet chatter about Williams' desire to go to the Knicks was the last straw for the front office. Didn't want to go through what Denver just did, and peeved anyway with how difficult Williams was becoming.

9. MONON

MONON Member

Still he's 6-10 & 280. That's definately an upgrade to what we have now. I would trade AB & whatever for him in a heartbeat. If they don't want to part with Jefferson, we might renew our quest for Kyrylo Fesenko.

10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Jefferson would be a good fit...He's as close to a inside presence as we're gonna get...

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see them move Favors for more win now talent. That team still has some veteran pieces, no need to blow it up completely and start at the bottom. They have been succesful for so long that they may feel the need to keep it going.

12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Standing reach is more important. His is 9'2". That's comparable to a lot of seven footers.

13. ThaShark316_28

That might be a good idea..BUT...

they are getting NJ's unprotected 2011 1st rounder...which could be top 10...NJ won't make the playoffs even with D-Will.

14. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Damn if we could land Jefferson and Wallace I would be very excited.

We would have a solid starting 5.

PG- Lowry
    SG- Martin
    SF- Wallace
    PF- Scola
    C- Jefferson

This is just speculating on that we wouldn't trade Lowry, Martin, or Scola.

15. erimanila

erimanila Member

If the rockets dont pull the trigger, i might just go CraZY

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Yao and young talent for Jefferson and Millsap? They hesitated to trade D-Will to Houston; would they do it for those 2?

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just an expression. I didn't mean give guys away for pennies on the dollar. I meant get younger and less expensive players with upside, which is what I think they might do. The Jazz are more cost-conscious than most teams. They basically gave Eric Maynor to the Thunder for free last year.

I hadn't heard anything about Sloan slacking off. If true, then he needed to go.

Agreed the chatter probably broke the camel's back with D-Will.

18. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Jefferson is actually a very solid, trure 18, 10, 2 blks a game type of guy. I remember him beasting on Hayes like he was nothing, a strong mutha.....he would be an interesting scenario for us, or any team...

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

-Utah will not deal directly with Houston and that is a fact.

-You better bet they knew the Rockets would put together a competitive package for Deron Williams and purposefully did not allow them the option to compete for Deron because they will competing for a playoff spot for probably the next two seasons.

-I like Millsap alot, but he is basically a better rebounding Carl Landry clone... the team's focus needs to be on grooming Patrick Patterson for the 4 spot long term.

-Jefferson is intriguing but I always feel like as good as Big Al is, there just is something missing from him competitive wise. With his contract as big as it is, I would pass unless they get him at a good price. I would give up Terrence Williams, Brooks, and possibly Hill.

1 person likes this.
  20. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

He only has 2 years left, 14 mil, 15 mil....not that bad actually...