1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mannix] If Rox get Melo, Lebron could go to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 19, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

same thing they tried to say about GS and miami

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Question.

Say the Lakers want to make Banana Boat happen. How do they do it? It's already difficult enough for us to try and make it happen and we already have 1 of the boat mates and about to get the 2nd.

How do the Lakers put together the Banana Boat dream with none of them on the roster and no bird rights. All in 1 off season? It's impossible right?

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The media will shove that down our throats until it doesn't happen

DonKnock, Daddy Long Legs and Caesar like this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

ESPN's Basketball Analogy podcast guys were joking about how every time La La does a steamy love scene on Power, Melo calls his trainer to go workout. If the Rockets do acquire Melo, Chris Paul needs to pay the producers of Power to write more La La love scenes.

[​IMG]

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Melo is wanting to join the Rockets to WIN. Also, it is not being a BENCH player, but a 6th Man, which is a position that is extremely important to basketball teams.

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Honestly though if Lebron left Cleveland again I could see Dan Gilbert refusing to do a sign and trade just to spite Lebron

Caesar likes this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why not watch Bosh die in front of us while running back on defense or a fast break?

There's a reason nobody wants to sign him... and those guys are just as old (from your post prior to this crappy one) even with Dwayne Wade. Plus you act like that will be the ONLY lineup on the court if this were to ever happen.

8. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

He doesn't have to do a sign and trade. Lebron will be a free agent next year (I believe)

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And look how bad this turned out for them.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tommy Egan doin work.....Last episode dayum....'em melons. hot dayum.

#170 daywalker02, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

can it be that bad here

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hopefully not, this isn't how they used to play back in mah days.
    I'm sure we'd be better off with only one playmaker and hard-nosed guys to fill the roster.

Pen15clubber and YOLO like this.
  13. cebu

cebu Member

I ejaculated

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Unless it involved Harden.

15. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

LOL chill guys i guess sarcasm doesn't translate when written LOL

16. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Not sure where you drew that inference from that this would be the ONLY lineup on the court? Bosh's inclusion would of course be subject to medical clearance and if his medical issues are cleared up, he'd be a valuable spot starter with this team with his spacing surely. Not too far-fetched if he's cleared medically. Inject some young legs off the bench and you've got yourself a contender

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I got it, it took some time for the other brehs though.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Basically from this...

Then you said this...

Point I was making is the next time (if Bosh ever does) he steps foot on the court he can put himself at risk of DYING. Whether doctors clear him or not there's always going to be that question of, "could this be his time?" Of course the upside will be there, but if I were him or a NBA team I wouldn't risk having a Hank Gathers situation where this time it would most likely be posted on live television and videos for all to see.

This was an article written last year... I suggest you read up.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...e-hank-gathers-chris-bosh-20160523-story.html

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yes this is true but for salary cap reasons a S&T is much more likely and probably necessary since we won't have the cap space to offer Lebron max money

20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Bosh has some form of sickle cell trait. He will never be cleared. I am not saying he has sickle cell anemia but genetics have affected the shape of his red blood cells and he is prone to clotting. It looks like pressurized air travel exacerbates the issue. Some have said he could play if flying was removed. I am sure something reasonable could be worked out with the schedule but that clotting issue is just not worth the risk. One of those goes to the heart or lungs he is finished and he has already chanced fate twice. I have not heard Bosh clamoring to play on a team so I assume he knows he is a minimum player and getting paid his salary anyway on a medical retirement. He already won championships so I don't see his motivation. I know he would love to play on a banana boat Rockets team but everyone has to make the decision that is in their best interest.