1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manning interested in Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by drewd17, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Btw, where is the outrage directed at the Colts for waiving a player that did so much for the city and organization?

I know LBJ mismanaged the way he left Cleveland but it looks like the Colts are getting off scot-free.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This is a good thing for both sides. He's probably got about a good 3 or 4 years left in him if he's healthy, the best chance for him to win would be elsewhere. The way the Colts handled the press conference says it all. This is nothing like LeBron's situation. It isn't a selfish move for the Colts or Manning.

3. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

The Texans should take advantage of the opportunity to sign one of the greatest quarterback in the NFL in Peyton Manning. We have been playing Matt Schaub and he havent been taking us to the super bowl yet. So I really think Texans should sign him and see if he can finally take us to the super bowl that we have been waiting for.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pancakes:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...ng/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Manning haven't take us superbowl yet eithers.

6. Pete the Cheat

[​IMG]
    hero super bowl manning win us super bowl!

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The bottim-line is that it's a cutthroat business. It wasn't the ideal thing for Peyton. He lost a lot of money.

8. justafriend

justafriend Member

So I suppose he's starred in every commercial in the history of television because he likes winning? He's not signing for cheap.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Where's the "PaidTons Manning, come to the Texans" web site? :p

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just wait for the team Payton's on the start winning and Luck to struggle and you'll get the outrage.

Reminds me of when Shaq got traded and won a ring. Laker fans were livid.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

This is awesome. Thank you Peyton! ESPN is talking about the Texans every few segments.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mort: I think the Texans are one of the, if not the most intriguing teams but we havent heard that they're interested in Manning. Schaub has one year left and is coming off a foot injury and I think they want to go forward with Schaub but how can you not discuss Manning?

It almost makes too much sense! :p I understand both sides of the argument though.

#392 J.R., Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  13. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yeah, I agree that it make sense. Matt Schaub has only one more year left. Come on Texans to sign Manning.

14. gatsby

gatsby Member

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Manning would just limit our window too much and screws us when he leaves. IF we had a real backup we could keep around it would be OK, but as made up, we cannot risk it.

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

amazes me that anybody in this city can be worried about what happens in 4 years to a team presently positioned to win our city's 3rd ever championship. the time is right now. the window IS the next 3 years. you think schaub is going to not win a superbowl in the next 3 years, then start rattling them off after that?

i just HATE this argument.

17. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Crazy idea:

- Let Mario Williams walk.
    - Let Joel Dressen walk.
    - Cut Jacoby Jones or Kevin Walter.
    - Cut Matt Leinart.
    - Cut Matt Schaub.
    - Sign Peyton Manning.
    - Sign Reggie Wayne (who will come if Manning does).
    - Sign Chris Myers or Jeff Saturday (who will likely come with Manning as well).

Risky. Dangerous. Crazy. Not sure if it'll work within the cap. Manning/Wayne may have to take a discount.

But if it works? Superbowl.

1 person likes this.
  18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

seriously, winning a Superbowl requires a lot of luck and calculated risks, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, you gotta roll the dice

Who cares if Peyton could get hurt. Anyone can get hurt. This is perhaps the greatest QB ever.

Worst case, Peyton gets hurt and Yates steps in, we find a backup for the next season.

This team is young and built to last beyond next season. Acquiring Peyton doesn't endanger that.

It's football, not life or death. Lets have some fun and roll with Peyton.

19. pocketrocket81

Why is noone talking about Tennessee as a possible landing spot for Manning. I don't want it to happen but I see it as a possibility. They have a great running back who can catch out of the backfield. They also have a head coach that is a former offensive lineman and he takes pride in protecting the qb. They have a good reciever corps with Kenny Brit and probably Reggie Wayne if Manning goes to the Titans. They also have plenty of cap space. but I never hear the Titans mentioned on ESPN or anywhere else.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Trade Schaub for picks. Sign Manning. Since Vince to a minimal deal Peyton's backup. Sign Mario. Figure out the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.