1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mandela Dies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CometsWin, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Dubya getting chummy with Queen Rania. (I ain't mad at him) :grin:

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The truth about the "selfie".

http://blogs.afp.com/correspondent/?post/Selfie

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

LOL!!! This had me rolling!!

What a disgrace, with the addition of the Obama selfies and Bush with Bono, this Mandela memorial was just full of failure

4. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I seriously HAVE no idea how that guy managed to get on the stage next to heads of state & obama! What if he was a terrorist pretending to be an interpreter? They have some serious investigating to do. He said he was seeing angels during that time. :confused:

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I think you should read the words of the person who actually took the photos above. There was nothing inappropriate about the photo. I'm an African myself and I know very well how even burial ceremonies can often turn into festive parties, let alone memorial events.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ony-was-once-charged-with-murder-9003539.html

Fake signer who stood next to Obama at Mandela ceremony 'was once charged with murder'

[​IMG]

The sign language interpreter accused of "making up" hand gestures at Nelson Mandela's memorial service has faced charges of murder, rape, kidnapping and theft, it was reported today.

Court records uncovered by the South African news channel eNCA reported that Thamsanqa Jantjie has faced a string of criminal charges since 1994, and was accused of murder in 2003.

The conclusion of the murder case remains unclear, as the court files of the trial have been discovered empty. It has been alleged however that many of the charges brought against Jantjie were dropped due to him being deemed mentally unfit for trial.

Jantjie, who stood beside world leaders including Barack Obama as they paid their tributes to Mandela last Tuesday, caused controversy after it was reported that he had interpreted the speeches completely inaccurately. Responding to the claims, Jantjie claimed that he was schizophrenic, and was suffering from a hallucination at the time.

The records uncovered by eNCA have now raised further questions over Jantjie participation in the service, revealing that he was acquitted for rape in 1994, but convicted for theft a year later, and sentenced to three years in jail.

The records also show that over nine years Jantjie faced seven separate charges, including rape, theft, housebreaking, malicious damage to property, murder, and kidnapping.

-----------------------

Great job, secret service! :confused: