1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man Things you can't do (or can't do well)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

God knows I need some fun. I’m seriously considering it. Thanks for the push.

CCity Zero likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Of course! I sincerely mean it too, you have some amazing stories you've shared with us over the years and after we've all basically been robbed of a year +, life is too short not to have some fun while we still can. I hope everything keeps trending good, because I miss concerts too, haha

Nook and Deckard like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

What type of man needs to recite a poem from memory? That’s some weird **** @FranchiseBlade would do.

FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I cut a small tree down one time. I hurt for a week.

also I can identify non poisonous mushrooms in the wild. Well 1 type.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the kind words. As for being robbed of a year, that’s exactly how it feels. Grand larceny.

This Doug DeMuro review video of the original 1993 Miata MX-5 is a trip to watch. He spends a lot of time showing all the quirks, the oddities of this classic ragtop, and there are a lot, but what’s really cool is when he gets behind the wheel. The guy’s face lights up and he just raves about how much fun it is to drive. Corner’s on rails. Worth watching, and if he seems to be getting too much “in the weeds” with this two seater early on, just jump ahead to when he drives it. I wouldn’t get one that old, at least not one better suited to the roads in Japan or the UK. ;-)

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh man!! I need to check this out in the morning but this guy is great! I'm big into fixing cars and he has had some great content over the years. And definitely enjoys the stuff he gets to talk/write about - I really enjoy all the detail he gets into on his videos. And you can legitimately tell he loves it - just like you described when he gets behind the wheel.

I don't know if you saw this but he has a great story about carmax and his range rover adventure

I know there's a video somewhere but it's a pretty damn funny series of articles/videos he had going: https://jalopnik.com/my-range-rover-s-carmax-warranty-is-now-half-over-and-i-1733772237

I want to say he had a final video recap but it was wild. Thanks so much for sharing this! And I definitely think something like this - a little newer etc would be awesome to drive around here.

BamBam likes this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Have we had a post about how this is extremely sexist and the OP should be fired from his job yet?

I'm very impressed if in four pages we haven't yet.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Why isn't knitting on the list???

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't read the list yet but I can drive a stick shift. Haven't in a few years though and when I bought my current car to get a manual transmission would've cost more.

Things like caulking and changing the oil I can still do but don't do them much anymore especially changing the oil. My new car requires synthetic and the location of the oil filter makes it difficult to do at home. Also with having to dispose of oil properly it doesn't make much sense doing it at home and then taking it to a mechanic to pay them to dispose of it.

I've tried sewing and starting a fire without a match or lighter and am not good at it.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would mis-recite poems memory.

11. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

There once was a man from Nantucket...

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hunt and fish.

It sucks because I love guns and the outdoors but my dad is an immigrant from a country where hunting isn't a thing. I'm teaching myself though. I can crab though. I'm allergic to them now :(

CCity Zero and Xerobull like this.