1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man shoots unarmed black juvenile stealing from car, no charges pending

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by StupidMoniker, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My charger was taken during the day - I parked in the morning and it was gone by afternoon. I didn't see the thief (they also took a pack of gum!). I am talking about shooting someone if I had caught them taking the charger.

Actually they do not. As I have stated, in daylight you are not allowed to kill someone for stealing a phone charger from you. It's scary that you think it is.

Your opinion does matter - otherwise why are you posting in Debate and Discussion???

No line, just an example.
    That's the definition of vigilantes - when you decide the law isn't enough so you take it into your own hands.

No one should steal from anyone. But we don't shoot people who steal in the office or steal stocks or steal money from banks, or lie and deceive to steal money from the elderly - none of that comes with facing a hole in your head for stealing things far less valuable. There seems to me that it's not about the crime that determines whether you can shoot someone, but rather the color of their skin.

Never tried it?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This case didn't happen in the daylight.

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Your situation does not apply to a theft at night. I never refered to any daytime shooting. I am referring the situation in the OP.

Refer to my post above

It matters in what way. What law has it changed? This is a free forum where anyone can post whatever they want within the rules. In the end, no anonymous member has any credibility, and your opinion and complaints are just that...yours.

Your example is just a material possession. You're saying its ok to use deadly force for a material possession. Ironically, the law is also on your side in cases of arson, just as in nighttime theft.

Finish the definition. Take the law into their own hands without legal authority. The law gives the victim of theft legal authority. No vigilante acts here.

WHAT? Color of the skin? OHHHH....this wouldn't be an issue if the dead thief was white....

Think about what you said. Which personal property is being stolen from the office, stocks, banks, elderly? When was the last time that white collar crime was a physical theft? White collar crime is usually fraud. No breaking and entering.

Actually I have. Security cameras, footage, and not one lead. Bye Bye $500 of fishing equipment.