1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man lives 6 months straight in net cafe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Invisible Fan, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Xinhua on A Gamer Who has Lived in a Net Cafe Since June 2005
    http://bbb.typepad.com/billsdue/2005/12/xinhua_on_a_gam.html

A college dropout in Nanjing has spent the last 6 months in a Internet cafe sleeping, eating and playing World of Warcraft. The woman who delivers food to him no longer wants to get near him because of the smell. The article describes his hands as "as skinny as chicken feet", and apparently you can measure the crust of grime that has collected on his clothes. Lovely.

He claims he pays for his gameplay by earnng money through World of Warcraft. And apparently he is quite good.

The article goes on to state, somewhat negatively, that the cafe is open 24/7, and that it, along with many others, is situated very close to several universities.
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/it/2005-12/09/content_3897788.htm

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

My girlfriend and I are thinking of starting World of Warcraft together this winter break. We might have to reconsider after reading this..... I just cant have my local Dominoes guy refusing to deliver the weekly special....

3. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

报料的同学说:“这个人特征很明显,20多岁,几个月没洗澡、没换衣服的样子,你想象得出来,随身还带着个皮箱和塑料袋,里面塞着几件很脏的换洗衣服。”“听说他是南京某重点

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Really? No way man.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hooray! The adult gamer extraordinaire SamFisher has been found!

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Once again, leave it to those crazy.....

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

no pics of the smelly b*stard.

8. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

i thought the game was now restricted by the government or something. anyways, i feel bad for him and his family, him being their only child carrying the family name and glory, and what does he do? set on his butt all day playing a game. i was addicted to Diablo 2 LoD for a looong time, like 3 years, i would play as soon as i get home from school, after my parents went to sleep, i would play until 6 am and do it 3 days straight at a time. at least blizzard manage to release patch 1.10 which ruined the game for me.....

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I haven't lived in the same apartment for more than 5 months straight in the last year. I can't imagine living in a business place for six months.

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If they could only get him to start urinating and defecating into a platter or something, I'm sure Japan could turn this into another strange game show of some kind.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

12. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Damn fool take a break, go home, and take a god damn shower

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Better yet, the internet cafe could install a pay shower. $5.00/minute if you want a cold shower, $10.00/minute if you want a hot shower...soap and shampoo would be extra, of course. There could even be an automatic shutoff on the computers that forces patrons to take a shower once every couple of days

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Anyone want to wager how much longer he lasts in there? I would be afraid to kick him out. He might commit suicide or something.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Hmmmm the poopoo plater! Sounds like a new Game Show.