1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man kills 9 people at black church

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jun 18, 2015.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I brought this up in another thread and I agree that there is a lot of personal history to the remembrance of the Old Confederacy and a lot of that has to do with the humiliation of Reconstruction. Since you live in Minnesota now that is why I personally think MN should return the Confederate flag captured at Gettysburg to Virginia rather than keep it as a spoil of war.

Although in the case of the Confederate flag at the SC Statehouse I think that was put up in the 1960's during reaction towards integration and the Civil Rights Movement.

Anyway I don't think we should ignore that history or do away with the Stars and Bars and any signs of the old Confederacy but those belong in a museum and not at a Statehouse that represents all citizens of the state.

If we are talking about victimhood though Justtxyank is right. You have people here who talk about how minorities need to get over slavery yet at the same time are clinging to victimhood from the Civil War and Reconstruction. The irony is very thick..

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What you said may be true, but don't act like Atwater wasn't the mainstream of the Republican party. He ran presidential campaigns for Republican candidates who won the presidency.

He was not somebody who was outside the mainstream of the party. He was a party leader who helped shaped the Republican identity.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you are confusing the word "race" with the word "species".

Also, race can have multiple means as well. For instance, you can have a race to post the most comments in D&D that claim there are no races.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think as an Asian that I can say it's not only skin color but facial bone structure and perceived cultural thinking as well.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Well of course culture is a legitimate difference between us, and a huge one at that. Language is also different. Religion is an enormous difference. Different histories and geographies.

On an individual basis, we have different families, personal experiences, skills, desires etc.

But at the end of the day, we are still all part of the same race, the human race. These racial theories were was once regarded as quite controversial, and should be again. In fact, nobody talks about any of that anymore, from people like Nietsche, with his "superman" theory that Adolph Hitler and the Nazis were so taken with.

Wow. But these days people just take it for granted. To be fair, most people have never heard of, or even considered any other possibility than that we are all divided up into races, forget the fact that nobody could sit down and put everyone's names on a spreadsheet or in a databases and divide them up like that if they had to. It is an impossible task based on a false idea.

If we want to get past all this "racial" conflict, we need to get past this idea. Of course that will not solve all of our problems, but it will put us on a better path to being able to address them effectively, which is not a path we are on now.

6. treeman

treeman Member

[​IMG]

All symbols of racism must be removed. No?:rolleyes:

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Gomer Pyle rises to the defense of the traitor flag of defeated slavers from the oppressive liberal establishment

Stonewall Jackson is up in this hizzy. Buckle down boys.

I'm predicting angry expletive filled meltdown and foreswearing of the D&D FOREVER before noon CST.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Te Obama/Sharpton street agitation tactics that "work" in Baltimore/Ferguson/Chicago won't work in Charleston. That city is too genteel and too Christian, and free of racial strife.

9. SamFisher

You mean it's full of happy field & house negroes? This is a bit much even for you.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I guess you missed the news where nine people were gunned down in this genteel city simply because of their race.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Confederate Flag is in fact a symbol for racism, that's what it was created for. That's how bold racists are that they created a flag for racism. The United States flag is not a symbol for racism and racism was not the reason for its creation but that doesn't stop racist people from wearing the US flag. This is simple common sense and the fact that this has to be explained to people who try to defend racism by trying to explain away everything until nothing means anything shows why we have a deep rooted racist problem in America. At the very least trying to argue that the American flag is a racist symbol is petty, but I'm not surprised that some of these mouth breathers and trolls went there, it's what they do.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ I like how this racist guy thinks. Well done, Donald Trump! [slow clap] BRAVO.

:cool:

#612 SwoLy-D, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its sounds like you want to say it out loud, because you yourself have a hard time believing it.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think the republican party should incorporate the confederate flag into its logo as well as a plank in the platform. That would seem to keep their tea party arm happy and continue their history of progressive racial thought.��

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol at how a flag has taken the liberals' focus away from gun control

16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

The easiest way to avoid racial strife is to make your community totally homogenous -- if I'm not mistaken there's already a word for that in the South. I can live with the friction of racial strife.

17. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

You do realize that the Democratic party in the US is by far the most racist party in US history right?

It isn't even close.

You see that picture above with the pointy white hats? I guarantee you every single one was a registered Democrat.

18. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Glad you cleared that up. I thought it might have been this one or this one.

19. SamFisher

And I guarantee you every single one of them is now dead, and now every single one of their descendants is a Republican or another variant of right wing extremist.

Every. Single. One.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

90+% of Southern Plantation owners in the 1860's would vote Republican today.