1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man drought: Are women too picky?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 19, 2020.

?

Women too picky when choosing a guy?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Buck Turgidson

So in the back of the "Gas Office" in Johnson City, I'd just have to hang out while my grandparents were working. I loved going on the runs in the big truck with Luke, but for some reason I didn't go every time.

So one day I'm bored, about 6 years old, and I'm playing around behind the office. I see this metal cap on the ground, and I obviously need to feel the need to take a ****, so I take the cover off, squat over, and proceed to **** all inside of the water meter. And that's when I got caught.

Granny and Luke would laugh and give me grief for that for years, amongst other dumbass things I/we did as kids, wondering what [the guy who read the meters] would have thought if they hadn't cleaned it out before he came by to read that meter next time.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

First, no women are not “super human”, I don’t know anyone that believes that. Women in many cases simply have more responsibilities than men and face more discrimination and road blocks. This is especially true for single mothers.

Women have usurped a man’s position? What position is that exactly? I don’t see women usurping anything from men. I see a lot of men not stepping up to the plate and women picking up the slack.

Why is the role of a father disparaged? I don’t hear the role of a father disparaged often. What I do hear is people complaining about absentee or bad fathers.

You married one of the few quality women left in Western society? You are the one with the issues. There are not “a few quality women left in Western society”.... the vast majority of women are quality, you just have serious issues with women that I hope you resolve for the purposes of your relationship and if you have children.

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Bro, I have been married for close to 6 years and dated more than enough women to speak from experience as what I was doing jumping from woman to woman was a form of worship. You speak from your experience of women who had to raise kids "on their own." I think most people who think like you do are more likely to have experienced similar upbringings.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wut?

Please clarify, how do I think?

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

When I was working in the Bay Area, I hit a dry spot with dating apps and got a bunch of ideas (frustration) about how picky women were. First, a lot of dating apps operated on a limited sample set with meat market qualities. Second, I didn't take care of myself and got overweight from free expensive food. Third, because I worked more and didn't take care of myself, I watched more p*rn.

Typical tinder chicks seem to want it all. Giving personality, great sex, great photos to share with their friends, and when they near 30, good relationship material despite the premise of hanging out. Some of the women hit a cycle of low confidence, extra guardedness, lower expectations, then finally intense expectations from the boys they're trying to "develop". You can only control your end...by understanding what you really want at that point in time and not hide behind wanting to be free and chill or running away from unpleasant feedback.

Once I hired a trainer, I grew more confident initiating face to face conversations and took some risks dating inside the client that I normally shouldn't. So I guess there are normal people everywhere? Just recognize people are trained to expect things from the medium you met them.

My guess is that it's mostly personal confidence, not turning into an incel Gollum or letting yourself go during dry spots, and understanding that you might be picky yourself breh. p*rn and media influences you as much as whatever influences chicks to become "stuck up".

Understand a woman's expectations but don't bend over backwards for her if you don't feel like you'll be better or happier from it. She'll probably dump you or do some dirty **** with your car when you get tired of shifting or confusing goalposts.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  6. JumpMan

First of all, you made an assumption of me first. Second, the sentiment you have expressed in this thread speaks for itself. If I am wrong in believing that you believe women to be your superior instead of your compliment, then you could correct me. But it seems to me that in your self-deprecation there is a bit of an inferiority complex towards women, correct me or clarify if I am wrong.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Your post sound like youtube "male de-masculation" videos, just saying. I always find those new internet subcultures interesting and look into them.

When did I say women were superior? I said they deserve to be picky with what they bring to the table. Nobody is "superior".

No, I don't have an inferiority complex, I just understand the incredible value my wife brings to our family, and what many women do for their families.

If anybody has the inferiority complex, It might be the person overly concerned in a bizarre fashion to make sure it knows women aren't to be "worshiped" and aren't "superior". Who the hell is talking about worship and superiority here?

Maybe there's an answer to this confusion, do you have kids my dude?

8. Buck Turgidson

Point of Order:

Is this a bunch of married guys arguing about women?

No Worries and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

Original thinking was to see what they saw during their dating times. Or if know of men and women today see their values and expecations differ. Even if you are married for a number of years (congrats), they may know their friends or relatives; men and women looking for that "soul mate". (not yet married yet).

I think the landscape has changed. Some of it is hook up culture. Some of that is dating apps culture, where before it was laughed upon; now it's totally normal. Love marriage is great, depending on the culture, sometimes it could be 3rd or 4th on the priority list, financial dependence, similar culture/religion, other factors may matter more.

And women in general higher education, better jobs, a good thing, but may stay cling some of the traditional biases (just as guys are).

#69 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Invisible Fan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. JumpMan

I sometimes use words that don't feel as heavy when I type them as they are to the people that read them. Blame it on English being my second language or just comprehension issues, but I appreciate you calling me out on the usage of certain words like worship and super human as they don't express the sentiment I am trying to get across. In this case, my point was that in seeing women take responsibilities that should be shared with husbands and fathers, you assign qualities to them that make them better than the men they choose to get involved with. Who they one day believed was worthy.

If you believe that all single-mothers who don't get the appropriate level of support from the fathers of their children never rejected their input in the lives of their children or made it difficult for them to be involved in the lives of their children, then there's not much we can discuss as you think it's all the man's fault. I believe they do, and when women do those things, they have taken the father out of their childrens' lives. That is what I mean by usurping even though they don't actually fill the role of the father, they just eliminate it. Again, I sometimes don't grasp the complete meaning of words.

IMO, to sum this part of the discussion up, there are too many women who would rather go at it alone and see their children fail, then see them succeed with the help of their fathers and have to share the credit. I know you will disagree with that and that's fine.

People complaining about absentee or bad fathers is dispariging the role of the father. It's more complicated than that.

Vast majority? Really? I would say that there are more "simps," learned that word from my students, than low-quality women. You wouldn't have one without the other. And I speak on this in terms of marriage material men and women as I know there are high-quality people who are choosing not be married for legit reasons.

11. TimDuncanDonaut

Classic bit.

boomboom likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

13. JumpMan

As I said, I sometimes type words that I don't mean to take attention away from my point. Worship, superior... there will be more if I keep talking.

You could be right. I'll think about my concern on this topic. Better to let it go if I am too in the weeds to think clearly on it.

I have two toddlers.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

When you read the posts in this thread:
    [​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

... from the missionary position?

JumpMan likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

She, her mother and my wife were in NYC. It was the day they were leaving. She was around 13. She decided to run off and meet some 13 year old boy she met on the Internet ( yes, he really was 13). He lived in Pennsylvania. She managed to get in a cab and the idiot cab driver agreed to take her even though she had no money. After a harrowing few hours, things ended with her finally getting scared and calling her mother. Cab driver got her back to NYC. Police woman praised the cabbie. We were like... why the hell did you pick up a 13 year old who had no money...anyway...

17. JumpMan

Haha. Men's Health magazine was practically my bible. If you want to be a successful man w****, you gotta read it.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

men are too picky and could get laid all the time if they opened it up more

19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

humble brag lolz

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Not bragz, any guy could and should do it. Too many of my friends are out looking for a “wife” or some other expectation and fall flat