1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man drought: Are women too picky?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 19, 2020.

?

Women too picky when choosing a guy?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

You may be the exception, and I don’t believe you have children.... just from my experience it is very rare for a father to do as much as the mother in a relationship.... I wish I could say I have seen 50/50, but I haven’t.

IBTL likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Would children really change things? Or would I just do more of the 50% of the new ****?

I'm not the best person to ask about these things, but I am interested, in case I run into the perfect woman who already has 2 kids.

Nook likes this.
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Society has programmed women to worship themselves and to think they should be worshipped by men instead of loved by a man. That belief is reinforced by men that have also been programmed to worship women as they worshipped their mothers. Not all women or men fall for that programming, but the women who do basically think they're the bachelorette and the men think they should be competing for her as the 25 fools do on that show. This may explain why you use the word "picky."

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

In my experience and observation, once children are born both parents see increased responsibilities but far more fall on the mother even when the dad is willing and able. A lot of the emotional parts fall on the mom too.

Most my friends that are dating women or have married women with kids have been willing to do more, but typically the mom does it because it is there children.... having children from other people can make it really hard on relationships depending on the age of the kids and how the kids were raised before and the birth fathers involvement.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

You are ******* weird and don’t know what you are talking about with this middle school level psychology and misogyny.

#45 Nook, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    rockbox and malakas like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

This is the most bullcrap post I ever read on this forum.

rockbox likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Mmmm...gotta think about this.

8. JumpMan

I am definitely weird, but at least I don't worship women.

IBTL and Nook like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Not saying anything about anybody else, but I find this to be incredibly strange.

I never "worshiped" my grandmother or my mother, but they were both intelligent, college educated and worldly educated women (in a time when women weren't supposed to always be that), but I learned so much from them that I never would have learned from my male relatives, and vice versa.

So..."huh?"

#49 Buck Turgidson, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    ThatBoyNick and Nook like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

LOL Respecting and acknowledging women isn’t worshipping them. You either haven’t been around quality women or you are a misogynist and don’t realize it. I don’t know a single married woman that “worships herself”.

Yung-T, rockbox and Buck Turgidson like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Just to be clear, I am not saying blended families cannot work only that there are usually extra hurdles to jump and pass.

12. Buck Turgidson

Right. I've tried it with a good woman who had, frankly, ******* kids (10 and 15 year old boys). I ran out of things to try, and I tried everything, because they wanted nothing to do with me, they wanted their dad back (don't blame 'em at all) and it went downhill from there, so that didn't last.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My grandmother raised 6 kids while her husband started another family in South America, my mother raised me almost entirely alone while my dad was always out of state working.

If any people deserved to be "worshipped" it would be people like this, but I don't know anybody who worships them, we just love them a whole lot.

Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I have a feeling this dude might love Jordan Peterson and is into the whole "our culture is trying to destruct men and kill masculinity" incel type movement.

superfob, Nook and rockbox like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

There's only one thing any of us can do whenever there's a man drought

Call the weathers girls

Nook likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

My wife and I have had a 50/50 (or close) split throughout our 40 years. Both with our 2 kids and 6 grandkids. Although changing diapers is the exception to the rule. I manged to go through our first 5 grandkids without changing any. The 6th pretty much caught me up with the other 5.

17. JumpMan

I'm not seeing where the connection is between saying women are but should not be worshipped and learning from women. I learned things from my mother and grandmothers as well and being a teacher I have learned everything I know from mostly women teachers. In fact, ALL of my teaching mentors have been women. Had I rejected their input because they were women I would have never made it.

Look, I do agree with your observation that women are doing things for their families that are not theirs to do. It's sad. With that in mind, it would seem to follow that they are some sort of super human, but the results of men allowing women to usurp their position are clear and they are a net negative for their families and society.

So, saying that women are better and more important than men is a form of worship, not respect, and acknowledgment. We could all respect and acknowledge the essential role the woman plays, no problem, but nowadays that rarely happens without disparaging the man's role in the next breath. Why is that? Those roles work best for all involved when they compliment each other, not compete against each other.

Actually, I married one of the few quality women left in western society. However, I still take it day by day with her anyway as she still sometimes wishes I was in love worship of her as I was when we first met. She knows that the reason we are who we are is that I stopped being in love with her and focussed on loving her, but I take nothing for granted in our marriage all things considered.

18. Buck Turgidson

OK..."worshiped" was apparently a very bad choice of words.

19. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

For real...I dont think it's that complicated. Ive been married 13 years but I have seen guys in their mid 30s that have their stuff together pretty much be able to pick and choose who they want to date. And their dating pool ranges from 20 to 40.

20. Buck Turgidson

What is the stupidest thing one of you grandkids has ever done? I've got a good story on me, so you need to top it.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.