1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Man Card] Sex & the City vs Ghost

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Feb 18, 2010.

?

Which deserves to lose the mancard?

1. Being a fan of and watching Sex & the City

66.7%
  2. Tolerating Ghost as a chick flick

16.0%
  3. They are at the same level

17.3%
  1. dback816

dback816 Member

There better be a video involved

2. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

well the link does say sex tape right in it

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Googled it. It's not her, just someone that looks like her.

4. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Ghost was a pretty good movie. Yeah I guess it falls under the chick flick category because it is a love story but it is a pretty funny movie (Whoopi did a good job) and it has a decent story. The whole life-after-death romance thing wasn't as played out back then as it is now.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

wasn't it rumored that cuttino was dating the samantha chick? kim cattrall

6. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Sometimes you just have to swing for the fences.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

They had the same agent and she came to watch him play in a few games. My guess is Cuttino was hitting it. :)

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

SJP used to be attractive in her teens and 20s.

Kim Cattrall used to be hot (remember Mannequin?)

Kristen Davis is the only one I'd still consider attractive.

I though Ghost was OK but I haven't seen it in at least 10 years (probably more like 15).

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The L-Word seems like a decent compromise. "Well, this story's going nowhere; munch-munch-munch-munch...."

10. tulexan

tulexan Member

If you're concerned about your "man card" you've lost it. Wear what you want, watch what you want, drink what you want, eat what you want, and do what you want.

11. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

does Demi get naked in Ghost?

12. PointForward

PointForward Member

can I carry what I want? :confused:
    [​IMG]

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Most people miss the whole point. First, it's from the point of view of women who are single and into the nightclub scene- it's pretty obvious they're going to run into guys that are a**holes. Second, the show clearly illustrates the flaws these women have and does not make an attempt to hide this. Third, it's actually much more of a pro-guy show than you'd think- all the guys that they eventually hook up with are all positive male role models- Steve's a bartender who's your typical sports-watching, beer-drinking type of guy, but he's also respectful and sensitive. Big's kind of a player but he usually does the right thing. The Jerrod dude sticks with Samantha even when she goes through her cancer thing, and Evan Handler's character is cool without being a sap. So, for the male characters that actually matter in the show, they're cast in a very favorable light.

I don't give a s**t whether a show is all about men or all about women; to me, it's always about the script and the dialogue. And Sex and the City was one of the best-written shows that I've watched, up there with Rockford Files, Sopranos, The Office U.K., and others like that- same with movies from Tarantino, the Coen brothers, Charlie Kaufman, etc. Don't matter whether it's The Hangover or 9 to 5- if it's funny, it's funny.

And if it pokes fun at men occasionally, so what? What, we can't laugh at ourselves? From going to Houston clubs religiously over 13 years, let me tell you, those a-holes do exist. So do the women.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Demi Moore is way hotter than any of the secks & the City women.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Please...stick to posting your six pack selections in the CD thread. :p

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

You just put Sex In The City on the same level of writing as Pulp Fiction? :confused:

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Hey, it'd be easy for me to just say, "Bah, Sex and the City, buncha skanks all they do is put down men, they suck, etc." but I'd be lying- I don't mind watching it at all, and if guy think I'm a p**sy for doing so, good. Don't bother me.

As far as the other person who said, "So you put SATC on the same level as 'Pulp Fiction'"- Pulp Fiction was unique in that it introduced (or popularized) the use of everyday discussions with characters who, in other movies, would be speaking in cliches. Two gangsters talking about foot massages, a boxer who killed a guy in the ring talking to his S.O. about whether or not she had blueberry pancakes, that kind of stuff. The actual writing itself was very good, but it was primarily the way it was used that was original.

The writing on SATC is very good- actually, top notch. I'm not going to say it isn't just because it's a chick flick/show. Same with 9 to 5, the movie. As well as guy flicks like Goodfellas and The Big Lebowski.