1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Man Card] Sex & the City vs Ghost

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Feb 18, 2010.

?

Which deserves to lose the mancard?

1. Being a fan of and watching Sex & the City

66.7%
  2. Tolerating Ghost as a chick flick

16.0%
  3. They are at the same level

17.3%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yesterday, in my desperation for entertainment, I actually changed the radio dial back to 610 for the first time in a long time because some moron was rambling on 790 and Charlie P wouldn't cut him off.

So what did I hear?

Well as you would imagine, despite it being so close to the NBA trade deadline, pitchers and catchers reporting, etc. sports were NOT being discussed on SPORTS RADIO 610. Instead they were talking about movies, chick flicks to be precise.

The co-host of the show said that Ghost was one of the more tolerable chick flicks and if forced to watch one that one is fine. Rich Lord started slamming him, saying his skirt was showing, he had a run in his pantyhose, etc. etc. and then said give me your man card. (Rich Lord+man card=?)

It was then revealed that Rich Lord is a fan of the tv show Sex and the City. The co-host began mocking him saying this was way worse than not minding Ghost.

Long story short, right before I went back to 790, Rich Lord said that if they polled the audience, the co-host would get slammed because Sex & the city is much more manly than Ghost. So, I put it to you, the Clutchfans...

2. raj87

raj87 Member

Sex and the City features attractive women in various stages of undress, so I fail to see how a man's masculinity could be called into question here?

I have never watched Ghost, so I have no opinion on that film.

I gather that this line of thinking suggests that men would be better served to watch a movie featuring musclebound men in various stages of undress, such as Rambo or Conan the Barbarian?

3. justtxyank

[​IMG]

With the exception of one, I'd prefer this cast of women wear MORE clothing, not less.

The line of thinking is not really serious. Nobody really carries a man card. It's just for kicks.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Which one is the attractive one?

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Trick question, watch Roadhouse and Californication instead.

1 person likes this.
  6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: Put this here guy in "Secks in the City" and it automatically becomes less of a CHICK FLICK:

[​IMG]
    "Willie!"

The brunette one, right? :cool:

7. raj87

raj87 Member

I have seen every episiode, and find every one of the lead actresses in that show attractive. The females that guest star are typically gorgeous as well.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

To each their own, I guess.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yea, really. Any show touting SJP as an "attractive" woman is clearly not dealing with reality.

The thing about "Sex and the City" that makes it so intolerable to any guy (except for Rich Lord for some reason) is the mindset that these women have and how they use this type of flawed thinking on the hapless jabronis they encounter. A guy with any type of dignity wouldn't put up with their crap.

10. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I seriously can't believe how often the "man card" issue gets brought up around these parts. Jeezus, fellas...power through life like you HAVE A PAIR! Watch what you want. Order whichever drink you want. Wear what you want.

If you're worried about what others think all the time YOU'RE A FREAKING GIRL ANYWAY.

Sheesh, people...

11. justtxyank

You find SJP attractive? Maybe you'd be interested in another film of her's...

[​IMG]

featuring Sarah Jessica Parker as Flicka

1 person likes this.
  12. raj87

raj87 Member

Heh. Heh. Heh.

I never realized that so many men found Ms. Parker so unappealing. No worries from me, however, as that equals less (certainly futile) competition for raj.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Kristin Davis is the attractive one.

Come on, Ghost has violence (including the bloody scene where the dude is jabbed by the window), a guy getting dragged to hell by ghosts, fights with a bum, and even a good fight-in-subway scene. There are a lot more non-chick-flick parts to that movie than there are to a Sex and the City ep

14. justtxyank

She's all yours buddy. Just remember to be confident when you grab her ankle. They won't lift their legs for someone they don't trust.

Oh, and stock up on salt licks. :p

#14 justtxyank, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This. Repped.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Watching Ghost with a girl might get you laid. The other show, not so much.

17. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Something about the way Kristin Davis smiles at the camera that I can't get enough of.

Absolutely NSFW.

18. justtxyank

Dude, I don't think even a spoiler is enough for Clutch to be cool with you posting a picture of a woman giving head.

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Wow, get your mind out of the gutter. It's a Hollywood actress in a shoulder less garment eating an indistinguishable object.

You're sick.

20. justtxyank

LOL

Even though you probably need to remove that picture (come on man, you can tell that is a penis head!) I definitely like this version of you better!