1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man **** apple

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BEAT LA, Jun 11, 2013.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I have an ipad 2 and 3, airport extreme, base station, itouch 4, ipod mini, iphone 3gs and a 4s. So i called apple today because my ipad 3 would constantly drop the wifi signal in the same room as the router when all of the other devices work fine. I fix it by turning airplane mode on and off, reconnecting to the network or resetting the network settings. The airplane mode thing does not work for youtube videos (when it usually disconnects) so i have to do one of the other two. Apparently this is a common problem with the ipad 3 and it has to do with the screen brightness/retina display which ****s up your wifi when watching youtube videos. So i called apple and i am barely out of warranty on the ipad 3, and it turns out they only give you a 3 month warranty on their network devices. I told the cs rep that i just wanted to speak to a tech about the recommended network settings work best for the ipad 3 (wpa or wpa2). He starts looking up the cost to sell me some one time warranty service at which point i hang up the phone and say man **** apple.

They suck balls. Never have i dealt with a company that does this to their customers. I should have changed out the device before the warranty expired since it was a launch model which usually start acting up after the warranty expires. **** ios 6 too.

2. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I didn't read but I agree.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Typed from an ipad.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Apple honestly stinks. They started treands but cant compete with new ideas

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

They have dropped off drastically since Steve Jobs passed.

6. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Apple used to be so damn good with their customer service. They went from being the best to the worst in this department. It's as if they refuse to listen to the customer's problem and automatically refuse replacing the product just because your out of warranty. IMO this is going to hurt them in the long run.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Call again and again till you get a cool one

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Android.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^Oh yeah, I emailed Sergey and Larry about why my android phone is slowing down after a year and they shipped me a gold piece of ****.

That's google service for you.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I have an ipod.

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Unless you have a device still under warranty, you have to go through their customer care department who takes a brief description of your problem and transfers you to the right department if you are under warranty. If you are not they will either push a warranty service fee on you or hang up rather than explain you need to pay money because your warranty recently expired (which she did the first time i called).

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Just go through the Apple Play store.

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Best customer service.

14. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Apple has excellent service. Go in store and talk to their help desk.

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I have the water.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL! @ "Crazy ClutchFan has issues at an Apple Store" YouTube video coming up. :grin:

SRSLY, ONE dude doesn't give you the best customer service you're expecting and you blame the entire company? Man, calm down. :p

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought this thread would be about a man f***ing an apple.

1 person likes this.
  18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I got rid of everything Apple a month ago. Do not miss their shifty updates or the outraged software. Buy bye my old friend.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. No company will give a free replacement out of warranty. Buy an Android tablet and see the **** support you get there. You can try to go to the Apple Store. I've gotten out warranty replacements for a MacBook Pro before because of a known flaw.

1 person likes this.
  20. droopy421

droopy421 Member

The only Apple product I own is the first video iPod and it still works great.