1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Malik Allen???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ak47, Jul 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Barkley

Barkley Member

I have seen some of Malik's games and I can say that he would be another (maybe a little better) Juwan Howard

2. Panda

Panda Member

If that's the case, not bad signing JH No.2 at a vet minimum contract. At that price he is welcome aboard as long as he's better than Jake. We need a third string center/pf insurance. When Yao goes out, we may need a range shooting 5 to stretch defense. Deke isn't gonna do that.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Malik Allen career rebound/40 mpg = 7.6
    Juwan Howard career rebound/40 mpg= 8.1

Huge difference, indeed.

4. rocketsfaninsa

I like Malik Allen too. Whenever he plays the Rockets he scores on mid range jumpers left and right. He's an unproven commodity b/c he has several injuries including that neck thing a couple years ago, but I have seen him in more than a few games, and he has played well in them. His picture makes him look old, but he's only in his 6th season, so it's not like he's Juwan's age...

5. rocketsfaninsa

haha, yeah but Spoon was like 6'5", and Allen is 6'10". Huge difference in the height.

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Great! We found our Jake replacement!

7. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

Shoot, if we're going to have 6 PG's (5 w/o VSpan), then why not go ahead and secure 3 PF's on our roster? Sounds ok to me so long as we get a legitimate PF via trade or FA.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The Rockets should really consider loading up at the 4 spot. The strength of the West is in the front court. In a DIVISION that has Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, David West, and Tim Duncan, you need all the bodies at the 4 you can get. Now that I think about it, the Rockets haven't had a stable power forward FOR YEARS!

It's time to take a risk on young talent! (my shameless plug for Amir Johnson)

9. Laozi

Laozi Member

Right, solid player, nothing flashy. He'll help the most in trade negotiations so we don't have as glaring a hole at the 4.

10. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

11. AXG

AXG Member

Malik Allen reminds me a little of Mo Taylor. He doesn't defend nor rebound for you, but he has a decent mid-range game. For better or worse, you take what you can get for the vet's minimum.

12. rocketsfaninsa

I can't start threads, so maybe someone can copy and paste this one, but Hoopsworld was talking about possible trades and it mentioned Camby being available, and that Head is someone the Nuggets have wanted for over a year(They tried to trade Najera for Head last time). Now, just a Hoopsworld RUMOR and MY speculation, but that could mean that our next PF is going to be Camby. I was thinking Luther Head, Sura's contract and possibly another player like Kirk Snyder to help match Camby's contract.... IMO this is a trade that should be done. Camby next to Yao and Mutumbo when Yao is tired or in foul trouble is intriguing as hell. The guy is very versatile and could play C if Mutumbo gets hurt. Once again this is rumor, but I know other Rockets fans can appreciate the subtle hints here: Denver is unloading Camby, the Rockets need a PF, and Denver loves Luther Head....

13. AXG

AXG Member

I think Hoopsworld is banned from this site.

14. rocketsfaninsa

Haha yeah just heard that, but the last part of what I said has been brought up in the past as fact. Denver wants Luther pretty bad, almost got him for Najera but we turned it down, and we want Camby

15. Navman

Navman Member

Wow! Everyone needs to take a breath. It's almost like kindergarten these days with fans wanting instant gratification. This isn't like playing NBA Live where you can ignore the salary cap. Our management is structuring affordable contracts for serviceable backups, -note BACKUPS. Malik has proven to be adequate in the past, is an experienced vet, and has the size we're looking for at the 4. This early in the summer with FA not even officially started, do you expect a huge signing?

At my count, only 2 notable players have agreed to sign with a different team than their own: Lewis who was seeking the $$, and Hill whose seeking a ring for his retirement. Other than that, the only activity that's happening are teams wanting to resign their own FAs. This is how it goes in early July. So please get a grip!

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

please no.

17. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

NO THANK YOU