1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Making A Video. NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sourav004, Mar 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. sourav004

sourav004 Member

I am going to a convention for a student volunteer organization and i have been entered in a video contest.
    I have to make a O.C. parady about volunteering and i need help.

I need to find the best video editing software. Im not really used to video editing and i know there are plenty on this board known for their great videos.

Also, i was wondering if a 7.2 megapixel camera would be good enough for a projecting onto a huge screen tv.

Thanks in advance.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Please call me when you're ready to do the lezbefriends scene.

Use Windows Movie Maker, or Roxio VideoWave for effects. I use Roxio VideoWave myself.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Adobe Premiere is the only way to fly.

4. droxford

droxford Member

Agreed.

5. sourav004

sourav004 Member

Thx i will try it.
    P.S. do u think 7.2 megapixel camera will be good enough if i need to display the video on a huge screen?

-Lal Salam

6. Svpernaut

You should be alright.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Whoa. Is that a Digital Camera or a CamCorder? Are you saying you're using a camera (the kind that takes high-resolution digital photos) to make a high-quality video? Get a video camera for video, please. I doubt you get good quality, unless the video is 800x600 resolution on AVI.

8. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you want something that does a good job, but is extremely simple to use for putting together a video with pictures, then that is muvee software.

Just a possibility.....

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't know what your budget is but Adobe Premiere costs over $800.00 (perhaps less with an educational discount). You can get Adobe Premiere Elements for $99. You can also get Roxio Media Creator for around $75. It includes VideoWave. Pinnacle video software runs around $80-100.

10. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

For some reason, Premiere crashes on my computer quite a bit. I do most of my editting with Final Cut, but you'll need a Mac to run it.

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

With a 7.2 megapixel camera the bottleneck, if you will, will be the lower resolution of the projector or TV... not the camera image. Even with HDTV the resolution will only be 2 megs or so.

12. Svpernaut

Call me crazy but I don't think he was looking to buy software ;-)

13. bobrek

I'll refrain from commenting about that since this doesn't need to get moved to D&D. :)

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

It's Avid. And it's FREE!

http://www.avid.com/freedv/

Professional DV Editing for the enthusiast

Perfect for students, DV camera owners, video enthusiasts or anyone exploring video editing - Avid Free DV software is an easy, free way to join the Avid family and test-drive the industry-standard editing interface used by more professionals than any other video editing solution.

Avid Free DV is feature-streamlined, standalone software which includes basic video and audio editing capabilities, up to two streams of real-time effects and support for both Windows XP and Macintosh OS X platforms.

Once you’ve had a chance to familiarize yourself with the Avid Free DV software, we invite you to step up to the robust production and networking features found in our professional line of products such as Avid Xpress DV software and Avid Xpress Pro software.

15. sourav004

sourav004 Member

Hum..... ;)

The 7.2 megapixel im talking about is a digital camera. I have a old camcorder but i have no idea how to convert it to a computer and i dont think i have the hardware to do it. So i guess im stuck using the digital camera.

Thx i will try that and see how it goes. Anything will be better then windows movie maker. If this doesnt workout i will use adobe premiere.

Thanks for yalls help, this site is a life savior.

-Lal Salam

16. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

I'd avoid going the digital camera route if at all possible. Try to borrow a camcorder if you must.

17. sourav004

sourav004 Member

I have a camcorder but what do i need to convert it to a computer. Do i need some specific hardware?

-Lal Salam

18. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

go to best buy, buy an open box top of the line camcorder, use it, record stuff, return it a week later.

thas how my high school projects worked.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

man, we had some bad ass DV cameras in high school.

20. bobrek

Generally with a DV camera you can attach it directly to your computer via the USB or Firewire port and transfer video. With a camcorder you can do it similarly, but you will need some component input jacks on your computer. Some have them, most don't. If you don't have them, you can but a USB box that allows this functionality. Sams Club carries them for around $60.00. Electronics stores such as Best Buy or Circuit City should have them as well.