1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ma'Khia Bryant Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 21, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you understand why a certain community might have knee jerk reactions given history?

2. fchowd0311

Thanks for adding these comments to see more of how your brain works.

So you are sort of a psychopath?

Empathy also isn't the same as sympathy. Empathy is a valuable skillset to understand how someone got to the position they are. Sympathy is feeling bad for someone.

If you can't understand how 12 year olds and 16 year olds are part victims of their circumstances they were raised in, that makes you a psyocpath in my book. That doesn't mean those officers did wrong shooting them. It just means the entire situation is depressing.

It seems like Juan d isn't within you and you see the world in black and white which is an indication of disruption in childhood brain development usually caused from abusive parents who use corporal punishment

FrontRunner likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Can you bring up the numbers for black people killed by police the past two years.

And can you also bring up the numbers of white people killed by police in the past two years.

And can you then also note how many of those black people were killed in the midst of committing a crime.

And can you then also note how many of those white people were killed in the midst of committing a crime.

And can you then afterwards note how many black people have died at the hands of other black people with zero police involvement?

And can you then after that note how many times the BurnLootMurder movement or any social justice faking individual cared about a black life being lost in that instance.

I look forward to your informative reply.

Astrodome likes this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Wow how racist are you.

So you're saying black kids are born to be criminals?

Wow you're a racist psychopath.

5. fchowd0311

"Median Value of Wealth by Race FF(03.11.2019) | Tax Policy Center" https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/fiscal-fact/median-value-wealth-race-ff03112019

No I'm saying people born in poverty and with fewer resources are more likely to be involved in the criminal justice system.

Another sign that you have a very simplistic view of the world.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Hold on buddy. You missed a very important post of mine.

Almost seems like you ignored it.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Huh? Lebron has done more for young black youths than all the people that pretend to care about them combined.

the hong kong stuff doesn't represent him. If you're standard for a person is for them to be active against EVERY single atrocity in the world then everyone is a reprehensible piece of garbage.

Let's be real, you just hate his politics and thus hate him.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. fchowd0311

Black people are twice as likely to be murdered by cops than white people. The raw numbers have white people higher but when you adjust for population, you can see that Black people twice as likely to die by cop.

Also a common misrepresenting of arguments here is trying to frame the only negative interactions that Black people face with cops are the ones that result in deaths. I can give you the small anecdote of Myron Burrell who was recently released after 2 decades in prison for a murder he didn't commit. During his initial interrogation, cops detained him without telling him why they were questioning him and when they asked where he was during a certain time frame he lied which lead to a chain events of him being charged for murder of a 12 year old when he didn't commit it. Years later he explained why he lied to the cops(remember he didn't know why they were interrogating him). He gave an anecdote of when he was a little kid and a stranger in front of his house attacked and slashed his sister in the front yard and his mother called the cops. When the cops arrived on the scene they immediately went to Myron and shoved him against a chain link fence aggressively handling him when it was his own mother who called them hoping the cops would find the guy who attacked her daughter and his sister but instead they just found the nearest black kid and shoved him against a chain linked fence as hard as they could while his mother was screaming "that's my baby!" and the cops told her to shut her mouth and let them deal with it. From then on he had a distrust of the cops from that traumatic experience and I hope you can see why.

These type of interactions happen daily in these communties. In fact it's well now the cops will use the excuse of "this is a high crime neighborhood" to pull over and search and black male they want without any probable cause basically violating their basic civil rights. To assume only high profile deaths are the only negative interactions these communties face is extremely out of touch.

Law enforcement in this country has a very right wing bias. You can simply listen to the rhetoric of police union presidents all over the nation who are voted in by their own peers and many of their overtly racist sentiments or the fact that they strongly endorse authorarian jingoist like Trump. They attract extremely right wing recurits. I've seen this with my experience in Marine infantry which is a right wing bubble and many of my former peers joining law enforcement and I know exactly what their thoughts are on black people and "black culture".

#89 fchowd0311, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    DVauthrin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. fchowd0311

It shows how fundamentally out of touch they are with what the solutions are to crime and "black on black violence". They believe sincerely that Lebron has done absolutely nothing for that cause when he helped create a high quality high school in Cleveland.

It shows how they don't believe improving socioeconomics isn't the solution but sheer oppresive hate and suppression with "law and order" rhetoric is the solution.

They just can't comprehend how building a school that helps students transition to college is something that helps that caused they pretend to care about hence why they believe "Lebron has done nothing".

DVauthrin and JayGoogle like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is what it is in the end.

Black activists aren't appreciated by America until they are dead. People act like Ali was liked when he was alive when he was utterly despised, same for non-athlete activists too of course.

This is not saying Lebron is perfect, of course he isn't, but acting like he's the worst person ever is a bit much.

12. fchowd0311

Ya Lebron has his faults. He's not some elequont intellectual like MLK but that makes sense. His skillset is basketball and has a high school education. I don't expect him to have the wisest of takes.

But that doesn't mean he's some vile trash who has never helped his community and just blames cops and white people. A lot of people we are debating here see the world as black and white. There is no nuance or grey.

FranchiseBlade and JayGoogle like this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

That's a whole lot of writing when you simply could've said you're going to blatantly ignore what I asked because it's going to not prove your point.

It's ok mate, I can see you're a deranged person fixated on Donald Trump since you've now brought him up twice in a handful of posts.

I don't like to deal with stupid. Ignored.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Lebron should apologize. I get the overall sentiment, but this case was absolutely justified. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Hell LeBron should apologize to this man in person and thank him, if he wants to step up and make the situation right.

There are plenty of bad cops out there. There are even more poorly trained cops out there. And probably even more racist cops than that out there. But in this situation, taken in a vacuum at least, this cop did his job very well.

cmoak1982, ROXRAN, malakas and 3 others like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Ali was loved by some and disliked /hated by others.

Hasbro made the Mohamed Ali doll in the early to mid 70s while he was still boxing and near the end of the Vietnam War.

So there was enough of a mainstream market for that.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Conservatives are not funny. The reason The Onion is funny is because they hit both sides.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All of this talk about LeBron James is silly. If he was wrong in one instance, it doesn't mean there isn't an real issue.

There are whites like Drew Brees, Brett Favre, John Wayne, etc. Who have been wrong for their position on numerous political issues but they aren't called the lowest IQ people of their field. They aren't told to shut up and do something relevant only to their career.

Yet LeBron, Kap and others are. Their supposed rush to judgment which is based on genuine care about issues is held against them and also to belittle real issues they have tried to benefit.

It is a racist double standard.

I hate LeBron. I hate him because of his ego. It is giant, grotesque and offensive. I get that it is understandable for him to have an ego out of proportion. But it is still grotesque and offensive. Despite my hatred of him, I respect his talent, work ethic, and what appears to be a desire to be helpful to people who not only don't receive help but don't receive the same benefit of the doubt others do.

He's no Cornell West, William Barber, W. E. B. Dubois, Ida Wells-Barnett, or folks who have done work at a grass roots level who are the real heroes.

But LeBron has donated and been actively involved in fighting for good causes. So if he doesn't do proper research or wait until more facts are in before making public statements, I'm not that bothered by it.

The bigger problem is that his word carries more weight in the first place than people that I've mentioned. The bigger problem is that his words are held to the detriment of his causes and issues and even his race more than say a white 'celebrity' like Ted Nugent.

Those are far bigger issues areas of concern than LeBron jumping to conclusions despite having reasons based on experience of jumping to those conclusions.

There are bigger issues to worry about.

20. Buck Turgidson

Whatever you need outside of deadly force: you taze them, subdue them, restrain them, and take them to a hospital for a mental workup, because that was obviously the problem here.

Ok, I take back what I said above, sometimes you have no choice.

Astrodome likes this.