1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ma'Khia Bryant Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 21, 2021.

1. right1

right1 Member

When it comes to this topic, the numbers are not that deceiving. It seems you not only suck at math, you are belligerent, rude and completely irrational.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How are raw numbers not deceiving when you are comparing raw numbers(the numerator) with two races that have drastically different population differences (the denominator)?

Please tell me you are trolling at this point

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He asks her after not putting out the cigarette. So since cigarette smoke is a physical issue making it difficult to communicate, he was completely justified.

4. right1

right1 Member

Come on, dude. Sometimes it is better to use common sense rather than being unnecessarily combative.

5. fchowd0311

If we completely remove ego out of this and just look at pragmatism, the amount of time he spent arguing and attempting to pull her out because she wanted to finish her cig took more time than if he just waited for the cig to finish.

So yes, he escalated the situation unnecessarily purely because of ego.

6. fchowd0311

And you aren't using common sense right assuming your word that you are "good at math"?

pgabriel likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A cop is supposed to wait on finishing a cigarette? Fuq outta here

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

The cop literally asked her once to put out the cig and then went straight to "get out of the car" and literally a second later opened the door himself...

All for not using a turn signal.

If he wants to write up a citation for not using a turn signal then he can tolerate a disgruntled civilian especially when she didn't use that turn signal because the cop with his sirens on went up to her at speed making her believe it was a cop responding to a 911 call and she pulled over to the side out of curiosity but made the life and death decision of not using the turn signal to pull over. The cop baited her and then pulled her out of the car because of not using a turn signal.

This pathetic from you.

9. Buck Turgidson

If you 2 wanted to be serious about your maths and such you'd know:
    • population figures broken down into white/hispanic/black/other (shouldn't lump white and hispanic together like often happens)
    • # of police interactions with said categories
    • # of police shootings of said categories
    We all are awaiting your findings.

JayGoogle and right1 like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

She wants to keep smoking get the fuq out. A cop has to communicate it's not as simple as writing the citation.

Stop with dumb excusing rude b**** ish

11. fchowd0311

Really? He couldn't have done any de-escalation techniques especially knowing that he just pulled over a lady and is about to make her day signficantly worse with a hefty fine for a action that we see daily switch almost zero enforcement (not using a turn signal)? He couldn't have asked her politely "mam, I have breathing issues and in sorry I have to pull you over for such a mundane act"? Instead of going right to "get out of the car" and immediately opening her door?

I expect the vast majority of civilians would be pretty ****ing rude when they realized they got pulled over for a lane change without a turn signal.

He attempted ZERO de-escalation techniques knowing that he pulled her over for something extremely trivial that would naturally incite a negative attitude. She has every right to be rude especially considering how many times she has witnessed people not using their turn signal and not being pulled over and issued a traffic violation that is costly.

Cops are not the only people who have the right to be frustrated.

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

George Floyd's death was murder. The Ohio police officer had no choice. Lebron made a mistake. Trump will NEVER be president again. That is all. Have a good day.

Mr.Scarface and right1 like this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He asked her politely to stop smoking and asked to get out if she wanted to keep smoking.

The smoke is in his face. He supposed to deescalate smoke in his face? The fuq outta here. He asked her to get out so she could keep smoking.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  14. right1

right1 Member

Yes, I think you are being unnecessarily argumentative. For the most part, I am totally on your side. I only posted the raw #'s to question the media bias and division that is completely obvious. Have you heard about ANY of the 450 whites shot by police last year?

Personally, I think George Zimmerman should have been convicted, along with some of the cops involved in other police shootings of black people. But, Daniel Shaver, James Boyd, Dennis Tuttle, etc. are as bad as any I've seen and they were white..

All I did was post the #'s and you flipped out and were rude about it. I am totally anti-racism, anti-militarization of the police, anti-Trump, anti-white supremacy, anti-discrimination, etc. I totally hear you and agree when you talk about the lingering effects of slavery and lack of civil rights, the disparity of wealth, etc. I am very pro-black, pro-education, anti-poverty, anti-bigoted cops, etc.

So, no we don't know the context of all 450 police shooting deaths of white people, but we know some of them. What is it that you are arguing actually? In this particular case of Ma'Kiah Bryant, I do think the cop was justified in pulling the trigger. He saved one teenage girl's life, unfortunately at the cost of another.

#294 right1, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, you are. That's what a good cop does. You don't go into ******* mode just because that's what you assume about every ****ing civilian. Didn't this guy state that he feared for his life and that's why he asked Sandra to get out of the car??

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

A taser is as easy to deploy as a handgun and I'd be willing to bet if the officer had tased her, she would have dropped that knife and hit the ground from the shock.

Upside is she would still be alive and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

BONUS: the cop doesn't have to live with her death by his hands on his conscience even if its considered reasonable use of deadly force.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Sometimes tasers don't work. Its the girl's fault for attacking someone with a knife. The cop had a split second decision. I don't blame him at all. And I'm someone who strongly supported justice for George Floyd.

couple of d's likes this.
  18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Is a taser as accurate as a gun at the distance he was from her?

Also, why would her death be on his conscience? She did lose her life due to his actions, but he protected another.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He was going to let her smoke. That's an *******?

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I don't blame him either and split second decisions are tough for sure. I never said the shootings wasn't justified, I think the taser would have been effective in this situation, that's all. I support justice for George Floyd too.

krnxsnoopy and Buck Turgidson like this.