1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Ma'Khia Bryant Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 21, 2021.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So because MOST of these shootings are justified we are supposed to forget about the ones that are not and think they are ok?

Kick rocks dude.

#242 jiggyfly, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    JayGoogle, malakas and clos4life like this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Shield has activated Level 7 emergency personnel, but it's because my xbox power brick went red. So carry on.

4. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Look everyone. A poor girl died. Yet people here are talking about Lebron & Trump. This is peak depravity.

The parents in this situation. The bystanders are just as guilty for not intervening prior to police intervention.
    That is the actual problem
    Go home

5. malakas

malakas Member

The only reason the public can see and judge for themselves if a police shooting was justified or not in the first place is because of activists who pressured for body cams and accountability.

If you got nothing to hide then why are you afraid? Or some want to protect even cold blood police murder.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I'm pretty sure it was more than that I bet those older girls probably where bossing her around and this had been going on for awhile

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just adds to the tragedy.. My guess is that the arguments between Ma'Khia and the other girl was a longer standing thing. It's terrible that the adults couldn't keep this controlled and spilling out into this.

I also think that the people who need to speak are the girl who was about to be stabbed, her family / foster parents. If they are willing to attest to the facts of this case that she was about to be stabbed that could go a long way to calming the situation.

Deckard likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was speaking with a commander in St. Paul PD this past weekend and he said "the cameras are a blessing.." That they have far benefited LEO in questionable cases than they have exposed wrongdoing. Even when they do expose wrong doing by LEO that helps LE longterm by giving transparency to the public.

malakas likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

not at all, lebron's mistake or more accurately jumping to conclusion is a result of the rhetoric on police as if they are hunting down black people, as if the departments teach racism. Most killings and don't make the news. People still talk about Mike Brown. Mike Brown is on video assaulting an old store owner shortly before his fatal encounter with a Ferguson police officer. The black president sent his black attorney general to investigate that shooting and didn't find anything wrong. They did find issues with the department

Sandra Bland still gets mentioned. She had attempted suicide before she died in that jail. We need to stop talking like these incidents are all related. We need to acknowledge most shootings are justified as black men run into law enforcement because of their actions too often.

SuraGotMadHops and J.R. like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The posts you quoted from me don't prove whatever point you were trying to make. They further illustrate my point.

I won't rehash all of it again for you but The criticisms directed at Trump were not the same as those labeled at LeBron.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sandra Bland being detained in the first place is a travesty and shows the authorarian nature of law mindset mindset in this country. Her crime was offending a cop by telling him "just write the citation and be done with it" and he escalated the situation by pulling her out of the car for a routine traffic violation.

JayGoogle and jiggyfly like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not gonna engage with you trying to derail another thread with your self loathing.

[​IMG]

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

I state there is absolutely no proof of Trump being racist, deranged propaganda fed people try and prove he is by actually not proving anything. Bravo....

Our country is going to $hit and yall here defending the current government. Black lives only matter when its taken by a white cop.
    [​IMG]

What about Nyaira Givens, stabbed by a black girl.... I keep seeing CNN trying to start a race war but no mourning for this innocent girl.

Where is her thread? Nah, her life cant push a movement or political agenda. Cant defund the police, cant blame racism since the murderer is black.
    Sad, all around..... Where is LeBron's tweet of comfort for her family. Where is BLM for her family. Who are also mourning their daughter.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/family...d-by-former-friend-during-fight-dies/36180426

Yet hollywood and basketball players telling yall its just a knife, a normal school fight... Who has not had one of those? Search her name! See how many articles you find on her vs Bryant..... See how many headlines. How many stars and basketball players are tweeting about her.... Yall some grade A hypocrites...

Tomstro and J.R. like this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Trump has had multiple opportunities to separate himself from racists groups. Straight up, easy statements he could of made, but instead chose to remain quiet to further stir the pot. That's on him. No propaganda is needed when you have the cameras on you, being asked a question directly, and you still find it very difficult to denounce racists groups.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

yep. She has to be killed by a white person to get media attention.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

https://apnews.com/article/6349efef6986435b95411dc2e8f8f2c4

This only took me 2 minutes.

malakas, JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I responded in a respectful manner directly to your question to me. You engaged me.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is the ignorance that gets people in trouble. she is incredibly rude let alone disrespectful

The cop is respectful. He says do you mind putting out your cigarette please

She argues that and everything else. I'm sure she felt like a dumbass sitting in the cell having to call someone. When getting a ticket you will get your day in court. Just yes sir no air and mayit painless

#258 pgabriel, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Being rude isn't a criminal offense that warrants being sent to jail.

A cop has a duty to enforce the law and being respected isn't part of the job. That's earned.

malakas and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

trumps entire presidency was based on dividing people and getting everyone fighting with each other. thats who he has been his whole life and he even admitted multiple times that he likes to have people fighting with each other...he said he likes conflict. he thinks its a good thing.

and its been pointed out ad nauseam that trump said a ton of racist stuff throughout his life. if you think otherwise than you clearly have not been paying attention or youre ignoring whats widely known.

1) saying that an american-born federal judge cant do their job properly b/c of their ethnicity is the definition of racism.
    2) calling mexican immigrants rapists and drug dealers is racist.
    3) saying neo-nazis who chant "jews will not replace us" are "very fine people"
    4) calling for death penalty for central park 5, even after they were exonerated
    5) calling for a ban of muslims entering the united states
    6) attacking a gold star mother and saying that she was not allowed to speak b/c she was muslim
    7) discriminatory housing practices in his properties.
    8) making a slur about native americans right to the face of a native american WWII vet.
    9) birtherism
    10) "We've just seen many, many crimes getting worse all the time, and as Maine knows — a major destination for Somali refugees — right, am I right?" - August 2016
    11) "the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our cities is committed by blacks and Hispanics,"
    12) falsely claimed that 81% of murders against whites are committed by blacks