1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Make some noise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLAGRANT1, Aug 25, 2004.

1. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

There are alot of people (myself included) that outside of the McGrady deal are not exactly estatic about our Gm's decisions this offseason. There are some minor moves I think could have been made that would have plugged the holes in this ship more soundly. Minor moves, mind you, not signing Derek Fisher for 36mill or Rafer Alston for 30. I don't however find it productive to criticize without offering an alternative theory, I offer you this thread to offer your ideas about our offseason. What would you like to have seen or are you cool with all the transactions. Now after we win the championship we'll look back on all this ranting and laugh.;)

This is more along the lines of what I would have liked to have seen.

Mo Williams or Carlos Arroyo/ Payton/ Gaines
    TMac/ Sura
    JJ/ Nachbar/ George
    JHoward/ MoT/ Padgett
    Yao/ Pryzbilla

Now I know you're wondering my logic Mo Will pushes the rock, is a solid defender and more importantly is young; I see him in the mold of a Bobby Jackson-lyte. Also, let's face it Charlie Ward is done and signed a similiar deal this offseason to Williams.

Carlos would have been great but there is no way the Jazz(holes) would let him go.

Weatherspoon and Piatkowski to the Lakers for DeVean George and Payton. Would have filled a need for both teams.

I like the Sura signing and you can get a backup center on a budget.

2. corby

corby Contributing Member

I salute you, preposterous trade suggestor.

3. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

worst post everrrrr :p

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

5. pelbeaini

pelbeaini Contributing Member

It's great to live in a fantasy land.

6. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I thought this was about the crowds at Toyota Center....

7. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

you are crazy!Why would the lakers ever do that trade?

8. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

you know... just because YOU say a deal should be made - doesn't mean that the coaches, players or GM involved would ever actually consider doing it.

You people who say we "should have signed...." whomever - forget that even if the Rockets OFFERED a deal (like Barry or Fisher) the PLAYERS HAVE TO ACCEPT IT

this is not you PS2 where you can FORCE the sonics to trade AD or make Chicago trade Hinrich for Mo T OR even force Jones or Barry to sign with the ROckets

these people all have choices... and outside your fantasy land - they choose what they believe will be best for them or their teams - not want YOU want them to do

...I believe the phrase is "freedom's a *****!"

9. rocket3forlife2

Carlos Arroyo would have probalt fit in i think after watcing these olympic games.

10. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

NBA Live wont let me do that

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This is my favorite part.

Besides trading for the most prolific scorer in the league (who happens to be only 25 years old) to go with the best up and coming center in the league (who happens to be only 23 years old) thereby solidifying one of the most dynamic 1-2 punches in the game for years to come...it's been a really bad offseason.

#11 ima_drummer2k, Aug 26, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  12. Hmm

Hmm Member

Ya just can't please some people. *smh*

13. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Aroyo would probably fit in our rosters well. His got great skills, but the rest uuhhmmm....don't think so!!:D

14. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

don't forget that he also mentions liking the Sura deal -which means he hates the off season becasue... we... signed... Charlie Ward ?!?!

:confused:

15. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

Can they do any right? Yea gods! Trade for T-Mac and it's not enough. If they stand pat with Stevie Shoot-a-Lot and Cat, you'd b**** that they weren't building a great team around Yao. At least in the D and D there are no ridiculous trade suggestion threads!

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know, except for all those championships, the Celtics have totally been chokers throughout all of history.

17. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Really misleading thread title.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

sure was, I totally thought it was something about the TC, or that some big deal had just gone down.

19. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

I'm not dogging our offseason I am extremely curious about our upcoming season. I just thnk it's obvious from the Lakers that if you have 2 young superstars but all the complimentary players are a few years removed from retirement your window is small. In contrast the Bulls were close in age and had a more extensive window of opportunity.

I've heard the rumors about Mutumbo but why do we need a 57 year old back-up center? Ther are cheaper/ younger options. All we need is a 7-footer who can run and chew gum @ the same time, block some shot and snag some boards.

Mo Williams is a nice young player with enough energy to keep up Van Grumpy's defensive pressure. Plus 3 years down the line when our stars are hitting their prime (that's scary) he would still be a viable option.

As far as Payton goes who would you rather have Ward or Payton? Payton comes off the books next year and the Lakers already tried to trade him. It has been reported at nauseam that the Lakers need a shooter and lost muscle down low. Piatkowski's last semi successfull run was in LA.

All you guys hungry for Mt Mutombo and have Charlie Ward penciled in as the starter ahead of Sura .....it is 2004 not 1994 .

20. magyuan

magyuan Member

Mutombo is good, but do we have a chance to get Scot Pollard?

Bird said Pollard is a poor fit for the Pacers and looking for trading him.

I