1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Major issues for Lin is confidence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PnRScreen, Nov 13, 2013.

1. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

This confidence crap needs to go. Some of you guys make Lin out to be some little biatch. All he has to do is continue doing what he's doing so far this year. Zero complaints from me.

2. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

And lastly Lin is not you. Try not to live vicariously through your hero. Just because you'd probably cower in the corner or crumble under the pressure, doesn't mean he will.

3. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Dude, stop pinpoint on Jeremy Lin. I am not saying he shouldn't improve.

But this guy played 48 minutes on last game and it's b2b road trip.

Every single game, haters just digging on his stats and see what he did badly. Come on, there no way he can perform every single game perfectly.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Kevin Mchale, HOFer was a bench player.

5. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

There are no mid-rang shooters in Rocket. When Lin drives to paint, every one (except the center) stands arround 3pt line, which makes very difficult to pass out balls.

6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Lol. I swear some of you all are reading way too much into things. I stated a fact. Lin is currently a bench player. Am I wrong or right? Yes? Ok then.

7. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

He'll start hot, but start but go cold when finishing games.
    He needs to keep his confidence the entire game not just the 4th quarter.

???

8. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

the major issues for lin are defense and stamina.

9. bws

bws Member

Let's get something straight with this "bench" player nonsense. Lin is a "core 4" player as I see it. That means, there are 2 superstars, Harden and Dwight, and 2 leading major contributors to the team, Lin and Persons. These are the guys the opposing teams worry most about. Lin is starting from the bench I believe to stagger minutes with Harden. Either he is a 6th man or your lead point guard/combo guard. He simply does more contributing to the wins than any other team member other than Harden, Dwight and sometimes Parsons, they flip flop but mostly it's him leading the team in stats, than any other team member.

10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

holy#$%& - I actually agree with you! Wow.... I'm dumbfounded.

Last night it hit me though, we need to do the same thing with this team that we did with our last successful Yao ride. No more going big all game - start big, then bring in the small ball crew to open it up.

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I've been one of Lin's biggest detractors. Just didn't think he was very good. Too many turnovers, weak handles, too indecisive....decent player but not great at any one thing. With that said he's surprised the hell out of me this year, specifically his aggressiveness and jump shot. He's more decisive this season which means he's become more confident.

12. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

So our second leading scoring doesnt have confidence

13. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

GTFO was my initial reaction. Then I thought about about it. Which confirmed my initial reaction.

Lin plays unselfishly and considers Rondo's style as something to aspire to. He tries to get good looks for guys who are cold to get their game going. In other words, he's not always looking for his shot - unless he's got the hot hand. If he's feeling cold (like last night) he won't jack up shots unless he's wide open (like last night). You may mistaken this for lack of confidence. He's not the guy that shoot himself out of a slump when he's cold nor should he be. He's the freaking 3rd or 4th option on this team.

14. PositivityDome

He scored 21 pts off the bench. lol.

15. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Major issue for Lin is McHale!

16. bws

bws Member

Lin had no lack of confidence going into MSG last night as it wasn't his first time back there playing his own team. He thrives off of playing in places where he's expected to play well. Last season he went into MSG the first time as a former Knick and put up great numbers at the Garden, he went to Taiwan and played a great game, so playing in the spotlight was no problem at all for him. Lin is a scoring option and he does look to set guys up. His passing up a 3 when open and swinging it to Garcia that knocked it down shows he'll pass the ball to the player he thinks has the best chance to make the shot, even if he could take it.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why did you feel the need to state he was coming from the bench? Wasn't it obvious? No, I'm assuming your original post in this thread had ulterior motive. And from reading your bench statement in context you were stating that his talent level is that of a nba bench player.

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

yes, clearly that was my intention. you figured me out.

19. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

major issue for Lin's confidence and this team's confidence is McFail.......

20. hltiki

hltiki Member

this... so much this...

Lin, I can maybe give a pass too, even though a pass should not have to be given..

but dwight... o dear... MAN THE HELL UP DWIGHT!!!!10 years into the league and touted as the best center, but not only that, touted as the player on par with LBJ just 3-4 years ago. His mental weakness is tangible, you can see it, and that is why it's so damn bad and frustrating...