1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Major Fail] North Korean rocket

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sinobball, Apr 12, 2012.

1. sinobball

sinobball Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QuCLDMD4SYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was any other country involved in this, because Japan had threatened to shoot it down

Or was it made in China :grin:

2. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Probably not since they have some really good rockets (yes, I know that was a joke).

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Totally awesome.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What a bunch of morons. Wish us South Koreans had a larger standing army than we do now. I hope we eventually wipe these pathetic scumbags off the face of the planet.

5. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Imposing Diabolical World Presence.

You're doing it wrong.

6. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

The rocket we got from there worked great, then started breaking down after a couple of years....

I still miss that rocket :(

1 person likes this.
  7. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In an all out war with SK and the US NK will lose. If they start something I have hard time seeing even the PRC backing them like they did in the Korean War. The problem isn't wiping them out but how much damage they can do. I have little doubt in a war they will make sure to take as much as SK in the process as they can.

The ability of the Kim dynasty to persist is miraculous but I can't see them hanging on indefinitely. I think its best to wait them out and be ready to deal with the chaos when they finally do fall.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Von Braun is NOT impressed.

[​IMG]

10. Bandwagoner

Assuming they invade SK, they will do very little damage. SK will stomp them out , then roll tanks and launch sorties until the PRC got on the phone and told them to stop in a harsh enough tone.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Both sides lose. The moment the first air attack on Pyongyang takes place, Seoul will get leveled. NK has tons of rockets in the DMZ (only about 40-50 miles away) aimed direcly at Seoul. Not to mention the dozens of underground tunnels. Casualties in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

That said, NK would surrender quickly since they have no food and no fuel to sustain a ground war. Not to mention the many defections.

China's main concerns are twofold: they don't want to support the mass inflow of refugees and they want a NK as a buffer between them and the thousands of U.S. troops stationed south of the DMZ. They don't want U.S. intelligence that close to their border.

12. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

The North Koreans could level Seoul with their artillery.

13. Bandwagoner

You greatly over estimate the Norths abilities.

14. Bandwagoner

no...........they couldn't. I love a good war games thread but you guys are taking this to another level.

15. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

Negative. I was stationed in SK for a year and as far as as basic intel is concerned, NK as enough fuel/weapons/supplies to go full force for up to 48 hours. (North Korea also has one of the largest standing ground Armies in the world) 36 to 48 hours might not seem like a lot but NK would level Seoul and most of the major operating bases in SK. After the 36 to 48 hours.......Fuel and supplies begin to run out and it is over.......

NK is a legit threat. If they were as weak as some believe, SK would have cleaned house years ago.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

What is your evidence to counter the argument that NK could do serious damage to SK?

Infiltrators into SK have been caught, tunnels have been found and even midget submarines from NK found on the SK coast. It is very likely that there are many many more tunnels and infiltrators that NK could use to do a lot of damage to SK. Further while NK failed to launch a satellite into orbit their short range and even medium range missile tech has been proven to work and it is one of the few things they export. Hitting soul from NK soil with missiles isn't likely to be that difficult.

As far as air strikes dealing them a crippling blow consider that it still took awhile to even take out Taliban forces in the first phase of the Afghan war and that was against forces far less equipped than NK. NK has been crazy paranoid for decades and has buried many of their facilities deep in mountains. To defeat NK it will likely take a long and protracted battle through mostly mountainous terrain in NK.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've heard the same thing from people who have been stationed there also.

As I said in a war NK will lose. It will be very costly though.

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

BRILLIANT! Repped.

20. Bandwagoner

You cannot compare to Iraq/Taliban because we had boots on the ground and innocents we had to protect. Those types of air strikes are new and not what the planes we have are designed for.

Mountainous terrain, SK would own the air instantly. They would not lose a single plane, I don't think that can even be argued. So when hoards of KF-16s and F-15Ks are systematically and constantly destroying targets, they will be doing so without any fear of air-air.

If any tanks roll out of some tunnel they will be dusted in minutes. Any artillery fire will be as well.