1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Major Computer Problem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Steve_Francis_rules, Jan 12, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Steve_Francis_rules

Less than 30 minutes ago, I was sitting at my computer playing a game of solitaire when, without warning, my monitor died. The only thing showing is a thin line (about a centimeter thick) all the way across the screen. Except for this line, my monitor is completely dead now. Fortunately, I had an extra I can use temporarily.
    My question is, does anyone know what may have caused this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks a lot.

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

is it a name brand?
    how long have you had it?
    some monitors just crap out after a while...
    i once got a monitor that didn't even last one day. one of the colors decided that it didn't want to project...and my whole monitor was this weird off green color!

rH

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You sure it wasn't some other green you were seeing ;).

:D

4. Steve_Francis_rules

The monitor was made by Proview in October 2000. I think the model number is 772.

And like I said, there is one thin line through the middle of the screen that works just fine, but everything else is black. I already tried messing around with the adjustment buttons on the front of the monitor and that didn't do anything.

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

maybe re-seat your video card? wait... you said you were able to hook up another monitor, right? I have no idea... could just be time for a new monitor.

rH

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thats a problem with one of the deflectiors in the monitor. It'd cost more to fix it that it would to buy a new one, most likely.

7. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

i had a proview (at least i'm pretty sure) that had a similiar problem.. i had a warranty through best buy though and ended up just having it replaced..