1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Major changes coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by derrick, Jun 8, 2005.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No. It's not just those shots. With him there would be no problem getting the ball to Yao, zero, NONE. Think about the practice he's had, passing it to Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, and then Yao! I'm all for it.

I'm not sure if he's a free agent though, so yeah, all that might be for nothing.

2. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

thanks... I try to keep my scenerios in the rhelm of possibility. the problem is people start dreamcasting and saying that we should trade Spoon and Ward for Kidd because when they plug it into real GM it comes through OK. Either that, or they construct scenerios to get their favorite player (or some all star) - without any reasoning.

there are published rumors that the Grizz want to move 19 and they are offering JWill (just like we offered Glen Rice and a pick to Utah). Since that other guy came in here and said that Wesley was on the block - I just pieced something together that made sense. I doubt it will happen, but at least there were dots out there that I was connecting.

anyway, I do hope the rockets do something - even if it just geting a high second rounder. There are few stars, but good talent this year, so having a pick is nice (ask the Cavs about that)

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

He holds a player's option, and would be a good (ok, very good) option here especially if a 4 is drafted who will need to develope.

4. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Wouldn't it be great if we somehow managed to pick up both Horry and Cassell to go along with T-Mac and Yao en route to another championship? Talk about the past and present/future colliding... :eek:

5. aznsowass

aznsowass Member

major change coming!!!!!!!!!!!!news just in..... a source told me that cutino mobley had opted out of his contract and is leanin towards coming back to houston. he does not like sac-town... look for him to play 2 guard with yao/mcgrady. he is willin to take the mid-level exception.. let me know how yall rockets fan feel bout that

ps. dont be surprised when he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

If this is true then its really good news. I really like Mobley and hope that he returns to Houston. Is your source reliable?

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Now, thats if the Rockets will offer him a contract.

BTW, when is the latest that a player has to opt out their contract? June 30th?

#227 Dave2000, Jun 20, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Has Mobley officially opted out yet? Isnt this something that has to be done soon?

I would rather have Wells, but Mobley and our pick and maybe another small fish this offseason would suit me just fine. The difference b/w Mobley and Francis under JVG was that Mobley was able to change his game. He just wants to win.

9. aznsowass

aznsowass Member

yea my sources are relaibly. mobley will opt out of his contract. we will see. i would like to have mobley back to. play good defense and can score.

ps. paul pierce said he wants to go to dal but not hou, saw him at the galleria today............

10. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I would be SHOCKED if Cat came back... SHOCKED, he will go after the fat check he has yet to get, not for our MLE..

11. aznsowass

aznsowass Member

bunch of haters in here but its all good, mobley does play d-fence, better than francis. the franchise is tooo overrated and over paid, im glad we got rid of him..... but yea my sources told me that mobley will opt out of his contract and will play for the rockets next yr.

ps beleive the hype im out

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Sorry man, not trying to hate.. I hope you're right, but I just dont see it.. If I'm wrong I'll gladly eat the crow all day with a smile..

13. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well I wouldn't be shocked at all if Cat has to settle for the MLE. There's not that many teams with cap room. And Cat is behind Ray Allen, Joe Johnson and maybe Simmons in the swingman pecking order. Now whether he's willing to come back to Houston is up for debate. We'll see I guess.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i don't know how to feel about this one. on the one hand, mobley can help... but on the other, it's kinda the "been there, done that" aspect that turns me off.

what the hell.... if there's substance to this rumor, i'll be happy to re-welcome mobley for the MLE.

15. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

im praying you're right, but not much hope. If you are lying you will die.

16. micah1j

micah1j Member

Now this is a rumor I like. At first I wasn't hot on Cat coming back but he is a very good SG. Plays defense and can shoot lights out. Only problem is he shoots too much at times. But that is a common problem with scorers.

I'd like to see. 1:Cat for MLE; 2:S&T Daniels for James + Ward + 2nd Rd pick; 3: S&T Marshall or SAR for Wesley + 1st Rd pick.

Yao/Deke
    (SAR/Marshall)/Howard
    T-Mac/Barry
    Mobely/Sura
    Daniels/Spanoulis

With Baker/Moochie/Spoon all rotting on the bench and their contracts expiring.

24th pick - who cares, he would never get any playing time anyway on this team. ;)

All moves realistic but all three happening not as realistic.

17. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Wish it was true. Hope it's true.

With Mobley in the backcourt instead of Wesley against Dallas, IMO, we win that series.

18. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

having mobley in place of any of our current guards can only help. it certainly won't hurt to have #4 in 3 pfg%, and an excellent defender on the team.

19. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

yes..i'm not the only one who thinks mobley will be back..i mean there's a reason why his mom still lives in houston and not move anywhere else..not even back to his hometown in philly

20. fa7999

fa7999 Member

That will absolutely break SF3's heart, if it's not already broken.