1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic just said one of them had to go! Now it becomes national...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, Dec 20, 2007.

1. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I am not sure, bogans is the starter of Orlando and played pretty good against us. The same guy most ppl here thought was worse than snyder.

2. New Jack

New Jack Member

They have tried getting the right guys to surround Yao and Mcgrady the past 4 years and it still hasn't worked out. It's an extremely difficult thing to do when you have so few trade assets, and a very incompetent scouting team.

I think the bottom-line comes down to this: Do you believe Yao and Mcgrady will ever reach a level where they alone can carry a team full of mediocre role players to a championship? Because that's all those two will ever have.

If the answer is yes, then you hold on to both players and pray Mcgrady has a Jordanesque playoff run one of these years, similar to the one Wade had a few seasons ago.

If the answer is no, I think the only option left is to trade one and try and get 2/3 starting caliber players in return that can hopefully bring a little more balance to the lineup, so we don't have to depend so heavily on 1 player to carry us to a championship.

3. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

So how many of ya'll were cussing at the TV when you heard Magic talking ****. And having to hear it from Kenny and Charles too... **** them.

I was, **** that mother****er Magic, wtf does he know.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

One thing he does know is how to win a championship.

5. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Yes, he does know how to win championship AS A PLAYER.

How many championships did he win as a GM or Coach?

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I wonder how Tracy felt when he heard these opinions? :p

7. rocket3forlife2

tracy eyes looked red doing the interview at halftime.

8. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I don't want either.

Please don't speak for the entire Rockets fanbase.

9. rocketsinsider

Isn't this the same Magic who said that "Kobe has to be traded" because he was hurting the team.
    My my, not trading Kobe sure has came back and bit the Lakers :rolleyes:

I honestly don't know why the NBA is letting him talk like this, he IS a partial owner of the Lakers, isn't there some rule against members from one team's front office from talking about a player of another team?

10. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Yea ******** stupid ******** **********. **** ******** a ******** I *******.

Most intelligent post ever.

11. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

Either Yao or TMac should go at the end of the season, period!

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Chuck is a total embarssament to all starting fowards in the league. Chuck has to be ranked in the bottom 5 of all power forwards in every category

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

"t-mac at camp chenawanda... that's a little song i made up"

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Yep, it never worked for Cousy and Russell, Wilt and Barry, Alcindor and Robertson, Kareem and Magic, Moses and Dr. J, or Shaq and Kobe, so it can't work now.

15. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Adelman is a problem. But the main problem is T-Mac and Yao are not going to work.

16. drich

drich Member

everyone here thinks it is tmac and yao's fault but the real problem are the people that are around them. I am not sure about this but there is probaly no one on this team outside of them two averaging double figures. all of this falls on the gm not tmac and yao. not morey either it is dawson and the scouts. for one they said they would not have drafted rudy gay with the pick from the year before last. also all the other draft day deals that didn't work out for us and giving money to all these players for one good performance (matt maloney, kelvin cato). had our scouts done there job we would have held on to richard jefferson, and drafted rashard lewis. (we had 3 picks before rashard lewis was finally drafted michael dickerson, cuttino mobley, and bryce drew). oh by the way they did not get a damn thing right in that draft either. If dawson would have been thinking or should we say scouting we would have kept rudy gay or ask for more when they did trade him maybe battier and mike miller considering he was projected as the number one pick at one time (mike miller would look good on this team right now).

17. TracyMcCrazyeye

first off, your sarcastic name calling is uncalled for. if you want to have a civilized conversation, don't go around calling people names.

second, if you actually listened to what Magic Johnson said, he implied that the rockets are better with having only tmac or only yao playing. this makes zero sense since when one or the other is not playing, the rockets have a losing record. that is all i said. how can you disagree with that? i never said that the rockets aren't getting anything back..i have no idea what you are rambling about.

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If we just keep Yao Ming as our star player then the Rockets will truly have to play the big man game and will need coach A to change his coaching scenario.We will then need better shooters than we have now and a playmaker point guard. :p

19. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

There is nothing wrong with playing a big man game under RA. I really think the reason that most players do not cut hard to the basket is because TMac doesnt normally cut hard. I really dont think Tracy plays hard at all most of the time. He doesnt set any screens either. Other players see that and decide to just stand around and wait just like him.

Prime example was last night, when Yao had to point out to Bonzi to cut to the basket. Once Bonzi cut he was rewarded with a sweet pass from Yao for an easy 2 pts.

If Tracy would just play with more offensive intensity by taking it to the rim and playing off the ball better by making hard cuts it would really help the rest of the team. He really needs to realize this to make things work for this team.

I honestly feel that the there is no better player the Rox could acquire other than a Tracy McGrady that is willing to not dominate the ball for the improvement of the teams overall distribution and offensive flow. Last year under JVG it was ok for Tracy to dominate the ball. This year that is no longer looking like a viable option. Once he understands that he will finally begin to shine once more.

20. yogagreenstone

If everybody seems to be wrong,then it's the leader's responsibility.
    TMac OR Yao?
    I think it's obviouse.
    Only if Tmac changes his way of playing,he will let the role palyers down.