1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic just said one of them had to go! Now it becomes national...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, Dec 20, 2007.

1. battousai

battousai Member

OUt of everything everyone have ever said recently about the rockets, I whole hearty concur with Magic. T-mac is not the person he once was, and he needs to be shipped.

Why team losing when t-mac is out? that just prove our offense flow thru t-mac. however, when he makes them we win, when he doesn't we lose. That's not the way to go, we can't depend our offense thru Tmac, this is a team effort.

call it chemistry, luck, or anything u want. we are not making the playoffs this season, so either Yao or Tmac has to go. this current team was build upon for JVG. except for the newly added players. this is a JVG team.

I watched the game of Cavs playing against Kobe. do you know why lakers lost? kobe settle on too many jumpers. lebron was attacking the basket, something t-mac hasn't done in a long time.

2. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Not only that but Tracy slowes the tempo down after great defense. If he could play off the ball all game and actually try to run in transition for a easy basket, then he would be ok. But alot of time he demands the ball at half court. That is not pushing the tempo. Tracy is the problem not Yao. T-Mac actually make the game much harder for the team.

3. StarLight's wAY

the combo of yao and tmac will work...

can someone study their astrology charts, i'm confident that they are compatible!!!

adelman is the culprit! :D

jeff

jeff

jeff

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't think these guys watch enough Rockets at all. You can tell when they try to break down the Rockets. Magic said this game was the most he's ever seen the Rockets move the ball. Hmm, he must have not watched when we were 6-1.
    CB34 says Yao only score and doesn't help anywhere else. Yeah, he definitely doesn't follow the Rockets.

What I don't get is why the hoopla all of a sudden? Fans have been asking for T-Mac to be traded for a couple weeks now. Then, a "Sports Analyst" on national TV says the same thing and everyone jumps on the bandwagon? Sometimes I think people listen to the "Analyst" more than using their own knowledge. I believe we should give these two until the end of this season before we try to trade T-Mac.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Or Jordan, Michael

6. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

I usually like Charles and his player-point-of-view analysis...but you're right, he really butchered that halftime segment last night. What he said about Yao not doing anything else, when he's averaging double figure rebounds and has been a monster on the boards lately...absurd.

What he said about McGrady not being a good passer or doing anything else to fill the stat sheet...absurd.

7. conan-sea

conan-sea Member

What Magic means is Tmac have to go. You can't give up Yao,such a hardworking and talented player. He tries everything he can to make Rockets better. I won't believe in Tmac any longer.

8. rocketsfaninsa

see: Joe Dumars

9. New Jack

New Jack Member

I think one of the main reasons people are thinking of possibly trading Mcgrady is so we can improve the role players. So we can add that 3rd scorer that you’re talking about. Right now, building around Yao and Mcgrady has proven too difficult a task for our GM. We don’t have the trade assets to acquire the talent Yao and Mcgrady need to contend. And our scouts are horrible at finding talent. The only moves we’re able to make are adding mediocre veteran role players that nobody else wants. Trading Mcgrady may be the only way to get the right supporting cast for Yao.

For example, a poster on this site suggested trading Mcgrady to Washington for Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler. Obviously, our second scorer (Jamison) will not be as good as Mcgrady, but our third scorer (Butler) would be vastly superior to anybody we have now. We would have far more balance in the lineup. We wouldn’t be so dependent on one player.

10. rocketsfaninsa

in other words, some do work out and work out well.... The pistons were built by him

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

I said on the board last night that the team seemed to be moving the ball a lot better and the offense flowed with T-Mac out. Having said that, I believe that how a player plays in relationship to the rest of the team is on the coach. It's the coaches job to make sure that the ball gets passed and that people are getting open looks. If T-Mac stops the offense by dominating the ball, then Adleman needs to have a talk with T-Mac during the game. The coach is ultimately responsible for the tempo and play calling. If a player doesn't want to do what the coach tells him to do, then it's a quick trip to the bench.

12. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I am not sure about this. I think coach fears tmac or something. Coach A was much more active in coaching last night.

When tmac was playing, coach A just sat there quietly, and looked helpless.

13. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I really hope more GMs share your opinion that you can build a team around tmac.

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

Pretty sure that after watching last night's game that Rick Adleman is quickly figuring that out. I think he'll start to reign in T-Mac and give him a bit more direction instead of letting him chuck 30 shots up.

15. jogo

jogo Member

This is dead on. I like Barkley but that doesn't mean I agree with what he says all the time. As you and others have pointed out, Yao has a huge impact other than just points. Rebounds, defense, FTs. He averages over 10 rebounds a game! Plus, Yao has played like a beast recently and Barkley should know that before shooting off his mouth.

Tmac does jack up bad shots at times, but he is directly responsible for many offensive contributions of Yao, Hayes, and Bonzi. His defense is usually pretty good. Tmac is just not a one-dimensional player. I think Barkley is just giving us his anti-Rox bias.

16. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

rockets probably regrets not talking to lakers about the kobe <--> tmac deal.
    tmac problably regrets not staying in orlando to play with howard.

we regret bashing JVG, before he got canned

i regret staying up that late to watch a double OT loss

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem seems to be that whenever things aren't going well the solution everyone immediately turns to is getting rid of somebody. That isn't always the best idea. It didn't work when Steve Francis left. It didn't work when JVG left, etc.

Rick Adleman hasn't had enough time to be judged fairly. If we can get equal value for T-Mac or Yao, then great let's do it. Otherwise it isn't the answer.

I think we have the team we need. I think the first step is getting the team comfortable with each other, a new offense, etc. Then and only then will it be fair to evaluate RA, or T-Mac, or Yao on how well they fit.

Right now saying that one of them doesn't fit is like looking at a puzzle piece and saying it doesn't belong in the puzzle before you even know what the final product is supposed to be.

It's just the usual panic and knee jerk reaction, that makes me think that some Rockets' fans have incredibly weak stomachs.

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

The t-mac/yao thing just isnt going to work. For one Yao isnt a true post player. He competes with T-Mac by taking fadeaway jumpers. Why a 7'6 big man is taking fadeaway jumpers i have no clue. They take shots AWAY from each other rather than helping each other.

19. dunkinlos

dunkinlos Contributing Member

Thing is you've got to have a good team to win a championship. The Nuggets last night had three players in double figures last night... typically what we do when T-Mac is healthy. That kinda stuff will win games for you during the season, but you aren't going to win a championship like that.

20. banajax

banajax Member

Yao will never be traded, he is a good center and i have to say he is a very important element in marketing. Then T-mac, the only problem with him is who wants to trade with us :confused: