1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic just said one of them had to go! Now it becomes national...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, Dec 20, 2007.

1. dalman

dalman Member

means ALMOST!

2. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Yet the end results are the same...the team needs T-Mac, as seen with the 11-41 record without him. And as Kenny added, the ball movement was terrific last year with Yao out and T-mac in.

3. dalman

dalman Member

Then why you bother mentioning that. Who would make the trade with us? What you will trade for? First round picks?

4. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

TMAC IS NOT A WINNER!!!

if he retires today he wont even be remember as a GREAT PLAYER

SOFTIEST Superstar in the NBA!

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"I resent that remark."

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not convinced either guy can lead a team to a Championship.

Scratch that. I KNOW Tmac can't lead a team to a Championship and I doubt Yao can either.

7. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I'm surprised Magic Johnson nailed it right on the head. Its becoming more apparent that Tmac hasn't bought into Adelmans offensive system, and just relies on the elbow iso and high pick and roll. Just watch the game and see how the ball moves around. I hate to say it, Magic is right, Yao and Tmac have alot of potential, but its just not coming to fruition. We can keep them together with the mediocre supporting cast or we can let Morey try to find some pieces that fit Adelmans system.

8. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

If he hasn't bought into Adelman's system then why was he so effective earlier in the season? He was amazing until Adelman decided he wanted to use T-Mac more as a passer as the role players were really sucking, so he reverted bck to JVG's system with the high pick and roll. This has resulted in a huge dropoff of stats (29PPG on 47% shootign through the first game he was injured in), and unlike last year the role players haven't responded. But when he was running off bal and getting iso's on the wing, he was really flourishing.

9. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

But Tmac is almost untradeable.

10. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Certainly we don't trade TMAC. TMac has to change his play as Yao has been changing his.

11. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

THE GAME IS STILL ON!!! WATCH IT.

12. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I'm not ready to give up on the duo. I have my reservations, but I've seen the good in this team when both play well. Our season is not over.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao is a true Rocket,

We will not get equal value in return, but Tmac might be on his way out......

14. apocclass

apocclass Member

ive said this before, but in MY OPINION, its not YAO OR TMAC.... the problem is the talent of the others around them. we dont have enough firepower to beat a top 4 seed in the west, that is the problem. against utah, our defense OVERALL was good enough, but the offense was not. against dallas we didnt have enough speed and terry and stackhouse killed us. of course tmac and yao (mainly tmac) will get all of the blame but to me it seems we just dont have enough around them to beat a top 4 seed in the west. if we were in the east we would probably no less than ECF every year, but whatever.....

15. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Let's trade both:

Tmac for Roy
    Yao for Howard

Life would be grand.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Sounds like Tmac didn't care for the "soft" comments by Yao according to his mini-interview with Craig Sager.

17. kmoney

kmoney Member

i know i anyone else noticed or thought thing anything of this.. but tmac seemed really upset during that mini-interview with sager

18. alaskansnowman

The TNT guys do have a good point.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of McGrady. Obviously, we wouldn't be getting equal talent back, but getting a lower echelon all star with some rising potential and maybe a draft pick wouldn't be so bad.

T-mac brings a lot to the table, but there's just something really disconcerting about him. He was up 3-1 in a playoff series with Orlando vs. Detroit and couldn't pull together the last win. Then, we have the infamous playoff series against Dallas (the only time McGrady was playing at real superstar level with the Rockets) where we were up 2-0 and couldn't win the playoff series (after playing games 3 and 4 at HOME and losing both). The series ends on a ridiculous lopsided 40 point loss for us. Lastly, we have the the Utah series where we're up 2-0 and still couldn't pull it out.

I mean c'mon, something is missing. I was hoping that it was just coincidence, just Mcgrady's bad luck, but the more I think about it, the more I do think he is just a playoff loser. To have 3 very good chances to close out a team and to walk away with nothing at all, you gotta be doing something wrong. Whether its his demeanor, leadership abilities, something is preventing him and his teams from reaching that next level.

Couple all this with Mcgrady's age, wear and tear, and penchant for getting injured, and you have some serious issues on your hands.

19. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Divas like him can't handle the truth.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Could someone post this. . i missed it

Rocket River
    BONZI SHOWING SOME TOUGHNESS