1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic just said one of them had to go! Now it becomes national...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, Dec 20, 2007.

1. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Never said it wasn't a good decade of basketball, it's just a different brand. Jordan is the greatest player ever, and he's been running things for the Bobcats, where have they been. I don't think a players status in the past gives automatic credibility to what that person has to say.

2. mbiker

mbiker Member

Are you telling me that a hall of fame guard that was basically “a coach on the floor” can’t tell if an offense is working properly? Are you telling me that if Michael Jordan observed your basketball skills and gave you pointers you would ignore his comments because he wasn’t a good GM?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Luckily, Magic Johnson isn't the GM for the Rockets, nor Barkley.

Let them speak and go on after they read box scores and catch highlights. They know less that the folks watching every game the Rockets have played and also know basketball. Like Rick.

This team is going through a rough patch, that's all. They are learning a new system that's completely different then the other system, and T-mac is struggling with both the system and a bum knee.

You'll see that things will get better. No we won't win a championship, because we are missing a piece, but a few things will happen:

1. Our offense will get better. How do I know? Because IT IS getting better. Progress doesn't happen in leaps and bounds....it happens over time.

2. T-mac will adopt. Because as much as you all dog him, he has shown he wants to win, and will sacrafice to win. He changed his game to be a playmaker last year, he tries to get his team mates involved, and he works hard. It's jsut that everyone wants him to be a god, and somehow his failure to play hurt is a deal breaker. He's our most explosive and clutch scorer. We need him to go anywhere, and he'll be fine. Great players adopt, and so will he.

3. Luis Scola will get only better

4. Francis will get only better

5. Head is back as a contributor.

If anything shows this team is going to be better, it's the fact that Bonzi wells is thriving in this offense already - because he knows it already. When other guys get it, it'll make life better for everyone.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

As far as I am concerned, Magic's opinion about the Rockets has no more credibility than anyone of us here speculating about what's wrong with the team. In fact, I am pretty sure most of us here follow the Rockets more closely, watch Yao and T-Mac play more frequently than Magic does.

Give me one example that a team got better trading away a great talent for lesser players.

I can give you several opposite examples just on top of my head from recent history:

Sixers: traded Iverson away for lesser players
    Magic: traded away T-Mac for lesser players
    Lakers: traded away Shaq for lesser players
    Timberwolves:traded Garnett away for lesser players

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Michael Jordan observed Kwame Brown and thought he was a great basketball talent and took him #1.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dang! 'nouf said!

7. engr chris

engr chris Member

Did you guys remember last playoffs? When we're up 2-0 against the Jazz. Magic said that he feels that we're still going to lose that series.And look what happened.

But for my opinion, dont trade T-Mac. I think he's not quitting. Just wait for this one big game from him and everything would be fine.

I STILL BELIEVE!

8. johnrox

johnrox Member

a couple of things tmac needs to do to have better game

1) have a permanent scowl, needs to get some lessons from fitty sent
    2) drive to the basket every single time
    3) after getting to the hole dunk it

9. stroker

stroker Member

10. superpro

superpro Member

I am getting tired of this Yao cannot win without T-Mac statement. Heck, if you can just replace T-Mac with any guy that makes same money as he makes, Houston may win more.

11. johnrox

johnrox Member

this statement is just as tiresome

12. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

He also said that Dallas would beat GS, and look what happened.

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Trade

Tmac
    Francis
    MJames

for

Loul Deng
    Ben Gordon
    Tyrus Thomas

14. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

How many threads are you going to post this in?

15. TracyMcCrazyeye

OWNED

16. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Did anyone else notice how Tracy looked like his old self yesterday against the Bulls? He hustled up the court rather than walking leisurely while setting the offense, he did his famous fadeaway jumpers, he made his free throws, and he DROVE to the basket without thinking twice. I was so amazed by him attacking the basket.

I know his knee is probably getting better but does anyone else think a little bit of this is stemming from the criticism from Magic Johnson the other night and is lighting Tracy's fire?

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

that is the problem
    Tracy only plays when he WANTS TO PLAY

Rocket River