1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic Johnson gives the ROCKETS Respect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sourav004, Mar 25, 2005.

1. sourav004

sourav004 Member

Link:http://www.nba.com/features/magic_050325.html

In the West, with a healthy Tim Duncan do you think the San Antonio Spurs are head and shoulders above the Suns, the Sonics, the Mavs, and the other or do you think it's a little closer than that?

"They're better, but not head and shoulders above the other teams. I think that Phoenix is a team that will give San Antonio the most problems because they have somebody like Stoudemire who can go inside and outside. You don't have anyone who can really match up against Steve Nash. And they have enough scorers and shooters that would make it a long night for them.

"But I still feel that San Antonio can go to The Finals if Tim Duncan is healthy. That's the team to beat. I think that Seattle is gonna be tough. But the team I think that's really gonna do some damage and upset somebody in the first round is Houston.

"They're big with Yao Ming and then Mutombo coming in behind him. Of course, you also got Tracy McGrady out on that wing. I look for them to do something special in the playoffs."

So Houston would be the third best team in the West?

"You got Van Gundy as a coach. Defensively, he's gonna have them ready. I think that they're built more for the playoffs than the regular season. A lot of teams, like Sacramento or Seattle, are built for the regular season. But it's gonna be tough for them in the playoffs because they don't have an inside presence. When the game slows down in the playoffs, that's when the bigger teams take over."

EveryOne is getting on the Rockets Bandwagan. Man i Cant wait for the postseason.

2. HoustonForever