1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic Game Thread - Rashomon Edition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by parksn306, Mar 2, 2013.

1. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

It's all about your point of view...

The Magic Game

LOH - Jeremy Lin is hot garbage. Luckily Beverly saved us. We really need to talk about starting Dougl- I mean Beverly. I wish we could trade Lin, but who would possibly want a 24 year old PG-locker room guy, with an all-star level ceiling and a huge international fanbase?

LOF - We need to fire McFail! His racism and outright jealousy of Lin is ruining m- Jeremy's life! Lin was on pace for 50 when McFail inexplicably benched him! Bev did OK, I'm happy for him, really I am. But with Jeremy in, we would have run them out of the building. Also James Harden, 2 words, OVER RATED!

Normal Poster - Lin played well in the 1st then faded after that. Maybe his ankle is still bothering him or he's still sick. Bev came up huge though in the 4th, another coup for Morey. We needed this one.

The LOF/LOH War of Attrition

LOH- The LOF's RUINED this board! It was PERFECT before they came! Jeremy Lin's ceiling is Jud Buechler and that's it. Can't wait till he's cut, then all of the LOF's, who know nothing about basketball and do not care at all about this team, will leave this board and completely stop following this insanely watch-able team. If you have a join date of 2012, I will eat your children.

LOF - LOH's are such HATERS! They always come out of nowhere whenever he has a bad game. They NEVER blame McFail's terrible rotations or (insert player name and weakness). Tonight with 4 minutes left in the 2nd we were up by 4 then we subbed Lin out and the Magic went on a 15-13 run. If you look at the monthly breakdown, Lin's (insert obscure stat) has risen every month!

Normal Poster - Man these guys are still going at? They really need to take it down a notch.

Thomas Robinson

LOH - What a bust! We never should have traded our beloved Ppat and Aldrich for this bum! Is T-Rob our Greg Oden?

LOF - What a bust! We never should have traded our beloved Ppat and Aldrich for this bum! Is T-Rob our Greg Oden?

Normal Poster - What a bust! We never should have traded our beloved Ppat and Aldrich for this bum! Is T-Rob our Greg Oden?

Just kidding everyone, I love this board, bigups Clutch. But let's try to stay positive and remember that we're all wearing Rocket's mustard and ketchup.

6 people like this.
  2. roksoer

roksoer Member

It makes me so sad how easily this board can be summed up lately. Can we please start issuing some sort of punishment for posters who bring up Lin in completely unrelated threads?

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

My first thought was what a waist of a thread, but then it was so accurate. Repped.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Greg Oden?

Is Robinson chronically injured?

I don't get the comparison. Greg Oden, aside from serious injuries, can really play. He has both tremendous talent and tremendous size in more than one way. Robinson, at least so far, cannot play NBA basketball and has inadequate size.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in carl's world, size most definitely does matter :grin:

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It is basketball. Hoop is 10 feet in the air. There is a reason why there are lots of tall guys in the NBA.

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

You forgot Motiejunas...

Normal reaction - He had a pretty good game.

D-Mo Lover/Overreactor - He is on his way to become the East European Dirk, watch out yall.

E-Mo Hater/Whiner - My GAWD he plays no defense, everyone scores on him like he is a Ms. Pac-Man Machine, I MISS YOU PATRICK PATTERSON!!!

8. Orange

Orange Member

There's no such thing as a LOH I don't think anyone joined this board to hate on Lin.

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Sure, sure...

1 person likes this.
  10. jeddah

jeddah Member

I've posted this in the main thread of the Magic games and I'll re-post it in here just in case people would like to know what a Lin fan ( like me ) thinks about..

11. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Animosity will fade with time as LOF's become assimilated into the Rox organisation (you can't help but enjoy this team) and all will be forgiven, (unless there's a Tinman style fiasco). This is my prophecy

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yao Ming would agree with CH

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You are being naive, of course there are people who joined clutchfans to hate on someone.

14. jeddah

jeddah Member

LOL...hope so...actually,I'ts quite bearable already...I just don't lurk here during game time because I don't want to terrorize myself in reading knee-jerked rxn's...I prepped myself first before reading the comments/post...

But those October, November and early December were the worst time for being a Lin fan...We've read a lot of cursing and name calling that you will think that, maybe, these people were thinking that Lin fans were 10 year old kids that just watched the game because of him...

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He is trying to say Trob is a wasted hi draft pick.

I hope that helps.

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Why do you have to be a new member to be a LOH? Why can't you have been posting on this forum since before Lin arrived and just harbor a hatred of Lin like he ate your children and make nothing but negative posts about him?

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't think a lot of people here think Lin is "hot garbage".

That's some far reaching stuff.

18. roksoer

roksoer Member

I agree, aside from a few trolls and kneejerkers, LOHs are a myth. Most of the time people who accurately point out Lin's flaws get falsely accused of being LOHs by ultra-defensive LOFs.

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Have you forgotten about the "Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!" thread already?

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

In addition to LOH and LOF, there are also LOHA (Lin Only Hater Apologists) and LOHH (Lin Only Hater Haters), which get lumped in the former categories. There's probably more Lin Only Hater Apologists (posters who downplay the number of LOH or deny that LOH are hating on Lin) and Lin Only Hater Haters (posters who are frustrated by the reduction in quality of the board by LOH hating on our starting point guard and are rooting for him [and by extension, the Rockets] to fail so that their agenda is satisfied) than there are LOH and LOF. LOF accuse LOHA of being LOH, while LOH accuse LOHH of being LOF.