1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic’s very busy Johnson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by madmonkey37, Feb 22, 2010.

1. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Magic’s very busy Johnson
    Posted by Scott Carefoot

There’s a new Jerry West biography coming out this week called “Jerry West: The Life and Legend of a Basketball Icon.” While the book is about West, the passage that is sure to attract the most media attention is this juicy tidbit about Magic Johnson in the final chapter:

“That November, as a new season was set to open, Magic Johnson announced to the world that he was HIV positive, a stunning event that brought revelations about the climate of sexual frivolity around the Lakers. Johnson admitted he had been sleeping with 300-500 people a year. The team’s locker room, and its sauna, had been a place where the star and other players had entertained women, even right after games. Johnson would retire to the sauna after a game, have sex, then put on a robe and return to the locker room for his post-game media interviews. How far had the team gone in condoning such questionable behavior? ‘I cared,’ West said in his interviews for this book. ‘I did things for those guys. It was ridiculous, some of the things I did for those guys. If the public knew they’d be outraged. It was a pretty crazy period for us.’”

I bolded that one sentence for emphasis. 300 to 500 people a year! And am I reading too much into this when I notice that the word “people” is used instead of “women”? We’ve all heard the rumours, right? Anyway, it seems to me that Jeff Pearlman needs to get started writing the definitive unauthorized Magic Johnson biography, pronto.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nba/2010/02/22/magics-very-busy-johnson/

2. RocketMania1991

Two words for Magic Johnson: Douche Bag

3. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Don't ask me to explain it, but I never liked Magic. And hate him more as I hear/see more of his ridiculous analysis.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That is insane. Completely irresponsible for the Lakers organization to allow such behavior.

5. kikimama

kikimama Member

300-500? Well with that kind of range, it's safe to say I've slept with 0-200 girls last year alone.

1 person likes this.
  6. RocketMania1991

300-500 "people" and you get HIV

I smell a queer.

7. Yak

Yak Member

So much hate for a guy who spread so much love.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EA_IsMRC4FI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EA_IsMRC4FI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

This is very revealing that West said "people" instead of the more natural "women" or "girls".

It's also very telling about Magic's sexual stamina. He has enough time to go from the game to sauna to post-game interview. That's not even a full minute. I know he is tired after a game, but I figure he takes at least 10 minutes for some sex. :eek:

9. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

well, it was the 80's. they were probably coked up more than half the time and didn't know or care if it was a ****, donkey or taco.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This wikipedia entry makes sense now....

"By the 1984–85 season, the Lakers' "Showtime" era was in full swing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers

And in continuance of Lakers pride.....

SHOWTIME!!

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hp
    hotos-ak-snc3/hs222.snc3/20953_1360642375600_1217761872_31086172_2478040_n.jpg
    NSFW

#10 Zboy, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is kind of sick sad
    but
    It could be worse

Exhibit A: [​IMG]

Rocket River
    Who knew both MJ's were douches?

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

When players were calling for "Magic Johnson" were they actually referring to him or his little soldier?

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

For some reason, I really never liked Magic. I don't know what it was about him, he smiled alot, which made him likeable to some people, but to me it made me just more pissed off then anything. He seems like the type of person who will screw you at all costs, ala screwing Isaiah Thomas. I've heard that he screwed over so many people when opening up new businesses. I also hate his commentating, dude always rides the Lakers so hard! He's even more of a homer than JVG.

14. sbyang

sbyang Member

Magic Johnson is living proof that HIV can be managed.

15. gambingo

gambingo Member

dam that's alotta p*****s............

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why all the Magic hate??? Magic is THE MAN!!!

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

especially if you never had it.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you got HIV when he did in America that it was likely from homosexual behavior.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol...i like where that comment is going

20. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Phew. For a moment there I thought the internet had gone mad and inexplicably started a thread on this guy:

[​IMG]