1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Maggie Rita's ruining everything

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mlwoo, May 6, 2012.

1. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

So I went into the Ninfas at Kirby and Richmond yesterday. I sat down without looking around too much. We got our hot sauce. The green sauce tasted funny and the red sauce was chunkier than usual. We ordered a queso, and in stead of the normal puffy flour chips, we got normal chips and plantains. That's when I realized something was wrong. I looked around and our menus said"Carlos Mencia's Maggie Rita's."

My first thought was, "That mother****er isn't even Mexican." My second thought was betrayal. All the signs say Ninfas on the outside, but it was Faggie Gaytas on the inside. Bull****.

Does anybody know which Ninfas are changing? The waiter told me there were a few more.

**** Carlos Mencia.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

LOL. **** Carla Menstealia.

You gotta admit, that's funny.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sticking with Los Cucos. El Gallo es magnifico.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Ninfas and Maggi Rita both suck.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

why go to that ninfas when little pappasitos is right across the street? ninfas has been terrible for awhile.

6. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

The only ninfa's i **** with is the original one on navigation. Order the fajita burger and thank me later.

1 person likes this.
  7. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Yeah...I went to Ninfa's about 10 years ago and thought it was the most disgusting Mexican food I'd ever had.

When I was a kid it was awesome though. Not sure if that's indicative of a decline in Ninfa's quality or just my undeveloped taste buds.

8. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Probably just a bias to my mother's cooking (hispanic), but I think all Mexican restaurants are pretty ****ty. I think that Pappasito's is the only exception, although it is pricey.

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I have to agree with you. We went to the one on Navigation, the orginal, and had to try the Queso Flameado since it was touted as the best in Houston. Wrong. Also, the service and food was was so-so and the prices were high for my standards. I will not got back. Its so terrible because I used to go there as a little kid with my grandfather all the time. It was awesome. Mama Ninfa would roll over in her grave right now.

10. Third eye

Third eye Member

This.....every other ninfa's blowssssssszzzzz

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

There is no possible way Maggie Rita's survives in the Houston restaurant market. Take that **** to Tomball.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, had the real Ninfas on Navigation on Saturday. Sucker.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Parking. If you are in that neighborhood, you should go to El Tiempo Cantina. Better food and parking.

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

This. There is no reason on earth to go to any Ninfa's other than the original on Navigation. That's the only one still owned and operated by the Laurenzo family. And I agree with the other poster re: why would you go to the "Ninfas" on Richmond and Kirby when Little Pappasitos is across the street.

Uber Fail.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The food from Carlos Mencia's restaurant qualifies as the only original joke he's ever made.

1 person likes this.
  16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What I don't get is why you went to that Ninfa's when Little Pappasitos is right across the street?

:confused:

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Dee dee dee

18. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Ninfa's has better fajitas, better salsa, better tortillas, better margs, and better prices than Pappasitos.

Not my point though. You could replace any restaurant with Maggie Rita's and it would still be terrible news.

19. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Why go to any of them when Lopez is on Wilcrest and 59?

I DON'T CARE IF YOU LIVE IN THE WOODLANDS.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Sadly not true. I would not be surprised if the original Ninfas still has many of its "original" employees.

Ninfa's Restaurant Goes Back to Basics

Ninfa's isn't a chain anymore. There are 29 locations now, but Legacy Restaurants only owns the one Mama Ninfa opened herself on Navigation Boulevard more than 37 years ago. The other locations are merely licensing the trademark.