1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Madden 10

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Aug 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

2. Rocketfanatic2

I am like the exact opposite of some of you guys. I fortunately have a great running game for some reason or another. The weird thing is that I don't think I ever averaged over 1 ypc in Madden 09. Maybe it is because I was terrible at 09 but it seems like the running game is good. Either way, it is my favorite game right now. By far the best Madden. I recommend it for those who don't have it yet. :)

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am in the exact same boat as you. The run game in 09 was impossible. This year not only can you get strong gains, the running game is a blast. You just need to know what kind of back you have.

4. Rocketfanatic2

Exactly, you nailed it. I have used Slaton, Tomlinson, Gore, and Addai. Gore just bruised through, while Slaton and Tomlinson had the combination of bruising and cruising. Addai was one of my terrible running games. I couldn't figure out how to use him. All depends on the type of back, and if you use it to your advantage.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you set the game speed to very fast and the minimum speed threshold to 70 you get actual NFL speed. Surprisingly the game is just as much of a blast on this setting. Passing and defensive rush are more fun to play, running a little less. Also try running with the zoom camera setting, its so much easier to see the lanes and block strength!

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Just got the game over the weekend and have played my buddy a few times already. He plays as Tennessee and their D is absolutely sick on this game. It doesn't matter how well I read the coverage or who my QB is, he always winds up with at least one INT. Kind of irritating!

Plus, on offense he uses Fatdale as a pass catching RB. I don't think i've ever seen that fat blob catch anything outside of a cafeteria yet here he is pulling in one-handed catches!

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Some of these online dudes piss me off.

Okay, so this guy wanted to friendly quit. I declined because I'm blowing him out 35-0. So then, he keeps going offsides to piss me off. Luckily, my patience is strong (and he finally just quit) . And this same guy kept going for it on fourth down. Like really? It's 4th and 11 at your own 30. Punt the damn ball.

Play with me on PS3. I'm th3-nikka-s0ck. My friend made it for me, until I get my new PS3 next month. I usually play with the Texans or Eagles. There is this one play I use with the Eagles that is pretty much unguardable. Desean Jackson and/or Jeremy Maclin are always open, especially Maclin. No one can catch him.

8. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I hope they will add the formation subs with the patch, that was the first thing I noticed was missing. Other than that, I love this game.

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The ratings system is crap no other way to explain that Manning is rated ahead of Brady. His injury should have no effect on his rating, he is by far the best QB in the league more accurate than Peyton in every way. Let's not forget he had the greatest single season ever by any QB back in 2007. Not only that but the coverboy bias is on full display with Polamalu and Fitzgerald are the two highest rated players in the league. Polamalu is awesome but Ed Reed is the best safety in the league period. Also Moss is rated 4th best receiver? He broke the single season TD record with Brady 2 years ago didn't he?

Now the part that make me frustrated is when you have Schaub rated so poorly a 75? He is top 10 QB in the league and they rate him so badly.

Madden needs a roster update already.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Schaub was rated low, but he shows up as an 80 on mine (even Matthew Stafford was ahead of him). I think Schaub belongs in the mid-80s, but 80 is fine. Still kill people with him online.

11. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

If you hit RB for xbox360 on the play calling screen, you can make individual subs for a formation.

12. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Does anyone else here totally abandon the running game like I do?

I only have one formation - 5 wideouts. I have mastered almost all plays with that formation, and constantly kill people and run up the scores.

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Running is so hard in the game.

My passing game is brilliant though!

Anyone have tips on to run the ball better???

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't see how that is fun. I hate playing people like you.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So basically you are a guy who doesn't play football the right way, exploits a specific set of plays, and generally is a b**** online?

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Has anyone tried the Madden Moments? I played a little bit last night, the first few were pretty easy but then I came across the choke job of OCT 5 2008. For those of you with amenesia its the game where the Texans blew a 17 point lead to the Colts with 8 minutes to go in the 4th. The absolute worst perfomance I have ever seen by the Texans. Now back to Madden, here you are asked to take over as the Colts and score 17 points in 8 minutes. Sounds easy right? Think again, the problem here is that you have no help from "butterfinger" Sage Rosenfels, so there are no fumbles going the Colts way. Man this can be frustrating especially since I had the game on All-Madden difficulty. Now the first TD is not very hard to get but then it becomes a nightmare trying to score while conserving time and also getting a stop on defense. Either Slaton would get a first down by shedding tackles or AJ got the sidelines comback throw to seal the game. A few times I jumped up in sheer joy to see the Texans win and beat me but then the reality set in that I was getting my ass handed to me by a computer. Finally after a dozen tries and several nailbiters, I was able to secure a win for the Colts with a TD pass to Wayne in overtime. It was a relief to finally get it and move on but a part of me is still sour over that huge collapse.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

lol, wow. :eek:

I don't think he's doing anything wrong. He's mastered that part of the play book. It's his opponent's job to stop it. Unless he's exploiting a glitch of some sort, he's playing within the rules of the game.

18. Anticope

Anticope Member

I keep hearing people complain about having trouble running the ball, but so far in the limited amount of time that I've had to play the game, I've found that it seems to be quite a bit easier to run the ball than it was in last year's version. I played with Oakland yesterday online and I was able to get over 150 yards rushing with Darren McFadden, who is only a 79.

The difficulty I've found with this year's version of the game is that it is just too hard to stop anything on defense. I've played people online who just constantly make stupid throws into good coverage and are somehow able to catch the ball and get away with it. It probably doesn't help that my defense drops about 5 interceptions a game, but that seems to be a problem on the game every year. What annoys me is that every game I play has scores in the 30's or 40's at least, which just isn't realistic in the NFL.

Anyone have any tips for defense? I've gotten really good at getting pressure on the QB with my ends, but even when I hit the QB, they still seem to get off perfect throws to their receivers.

19. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I wouldn't hold anything against him but I try very hard to avoid these one trick pony types who either play deep ball all the time or think they are masters of the spread offense. The problem with the type style is that works against most players who have no idea to how to cover 5 receivers. I usually play cover 3 zone with manual blitz once I see the formation on the field. bring a fast LB on a blitz to the QB or stay in zone and learn to master control of the DBs. At the snap I control one of the 3 linemen and try to bring a 3 man rush, once the throw is made I quickly switch to the closest defender and go for the interception. Now this is the hard part you have to time it perfectly and only switch over to DB who is in position to make a play. Otherwise give up the short pass but take away the deep ball.

Now as far the running game goes these pass only players hit the wall sooner or later once they come across a good player with balanced attack of run and pass and who knows how to play defense. A great running game allows you to control time of possession espcially if you are able to stop the 5 receiver set on D and can milk the clock all the way for multiple quarters. I was once able to have a continous drive that lasted almost 2 qtrs where I kept throwing short passes then running for small gains. Converted like 6 or 7 3rd downs while taking my full time on each play running the clock to almost zero before the snap everytime. This would make the opponent scream like crazy.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome:)