1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Madden 10

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Aug 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Don't forget to cancel when the subscription is about to end!

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

of course
    but thanks for the heads up

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

sounds like my first year playing with the Niners....im usually good by year 3 after free agency, but i heard it's harder to sign free agents in this one.

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

For those having trouble running the ball, i went in and turned down the AI's run defense block shedding 3-5 points and it has helped for me. Still not easy by no means, but at least I have a chance to take a couple of steps forward and find a cut lane to go towards without a defender hitting me in the backfield every play.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

is this game worth $60? i dont' like spending money on brand new games unless they're weighted average is above 90. the only game i've bought without waiting for a price drop in the last 5 years is MLB the show 09 which has been worth every penny.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

You can do that before hand if you call SI Customer Service right now... you can tell them to take off the auto-renewal thing. Done deal.

7. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

on kickoffs, if you make it all the way past the defense and are just running away to a TD, you'll see that a player on the receiving team is already near the endzone, running back towards you..

this could help if your teammate would block a defender that is trailing you and catching up.. but my friend almost ran into him, which would've slowed him down and allowed him to get caught from behind..

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It's funny...I played two games on "pro" just to get a feel for it before moving up to "all pro". In the first two games, I was averaging maybe 3-3.5 ypc. Then the first game on all pro Slaton broke for an 84 and a 70 yard run, so I ended up with over 200 yards rushing. Might have just been flukes, and I was playing Atlanta. Both plays were from Single-back Ace though, running toward the tackles.

9. l3uddhab0y

l3uddhab0y Contributing Member

Played another game last night, and improved my rushing totals to 84 yards on like 27 carries. Longest run was like 27 yards. I love the way screens work now, I was able to get a 40 yd, and 71 yd plays.

Oh yea btw, if anybody on the ps3 wants to play online, hit me up. Focheezy81

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

EA still has a monopoly on NFL games, right?

When can 2k sports get back into this?

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

EA has exclusive NFL rights.

2k can still makes games, they just can't use any NFLPA licenses.

So uhhh, yeah they had that NFL Legends game or whatever.

Nothing like playing with John Elway and Barry Sanders.

12. l3uddhab0y

I read that they signed an extension through the end of 2012.

13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I have a request to make, can someone with a little bit of knowledge on the ratings system, compile a full tweaked list of Texans players with updated and accurate ratings?

I am having a hard time believing my Texans are are rated so poorly when in fact the consensus in the mainstream media right now is the Texans are a playoffs team. So I need a do-it-yourself tweak of the ratings. Please make it accurate and unbiased so that it reflects to as close as possible to the real skills and talent of our players.

Thanks. :)

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

All the way until the end of the world, huh. Oh well, I guess it really doesn't matter much. The Madden brand is so strong that an NFL 2k game could be superior in every way and they would still get less sales.

It's funny that it seems like EA is finally trying to focus on more realistic simulation gameplay and a lot of people hate it.

15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Also another thing, all the players complaining about running game giving them problems, please see the virtual trainer and get the tutorial on running with blockers. Alot of players make the mistake of using sprint button too much. Always start the run with normal speed and use the left stick to make cuts and shift your feet and when you see an opening hit the gap with the sprint. This far more effective when used properly rather than sprinting always. Remember you blockers are fat and slower than your RB so give the time to setup the the block and then put it high gear once you have an opening.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is true, but with all madden games, the blocking isn't top notch still. You still have the problem where linemen just do not engage their man.

Your tip is absolutely correct and solves a lot of the RB issues, but it doesn't help with the consistent man in the backfield. Need to up sliders.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Texan's aren't rated bad. The entire league is watered down. There is maybe 1 team rated in the 90s. I see no problem with any of their ratings, even Ryans at 88 is fair considering his off-year. AJ is the 2nd best receiver in the game.

You can wait for a price drop. When the patch comes out you need to get on it.

18. l3uddhab0y

Forgot i had bought the strategy guide, but heres what it says about slide protections. If you want your lineman to explode off the line, then go with agressive. If you see an overload of defenders on the left, go with left or right vice versa. If you want your lineman to close off the gaps, go with pinch.

19. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I bought it today. So far, I like it. I got a hell of a deal, I traded 4 old games that haven't been played in years, and UFC Undisputed. I ended up paying $5.87 for Madden 10. Sweet! :D

20. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

I don't get it......Close off the gaps? So what happens If I want to dive and get a touchdown, like 3rd and Goal and I am 1 yard away from a touchdown, which one should I use? And which one should I use If I want to break one away for a touchdown. Sorry, but it doesn't really make sense to me.