1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mad TV Canceled...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dairy Ashford, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I remember SNL's awful 1994-95 season with Chris Elliot and Michael McKean; not having cable at the time, Mad Tv was a nice breath of fresh air. Given its younger target audience and cast diversity, I always saw it as an indirect spin-off of In Living Color, and another one of shows that helped define Fox's identity. Other than moving "Spike Ferestein" up an hour and ceding the extra time back to local affiliates for syndicated programming, I can't imagine what the heck Fox will do with this timeslot.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idCATRE4AC1HW20081113

Please, take a moment of silence for Miss Bunny Swan, Stuart Larkin, the Vancome Lady and Eugene Struthers.

"Took it to a ho...nutha.....levo!"

2. mazyar

mazyar Member

The last couple of years of it was trash.

I haven't watched an episode for over a year know. And I was a dedicated viewer around 2001-2005 or so.

Their golden years was when they had characters such as Ms. Swan, Loraine, the UPS delivery guy, (Aries Spears, and Will Sasso characters). Around that time.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank god..........

4. Steve_Francis_rules

I honestly had no idea that Mad TV was still on.

5. Poloshirtbandit

I never found the show funny.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The first season with Orlando Jones, Phil LaMarr, Debra Wilson, Nicole Sullivan, Artie Lange, and the others was actually really funny.

It had its moments here and there after that.

Their spoofs and impersonations were consistently were better than SNLs, but their character sketches with a few notable exceptions were mostly crap.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I've tried to like this show, but I never found it funny either. Will Sasso was pretty good though.

8. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

MadTV stll airs?

Honestly, I have just lost interest in SNL and MadTV.

I'm too busy having sex. Lots of it.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

There's never been a recurring character on that show that hasn't annoyed the **** out of me. Screw Ms. Swan, Stuart and the rest.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i'm amazed it lasted so long, 14 years is a long time. In living color only had five seasons, and that was funny. never really watched, but i'll never forget one skit making fun of whitney houston and bobby brown. it was a "cribs" episode and their home was a crack house. they say lets go to the studio and its a fisher price music toy. hilarious

#10 pgabriel, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  11. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

debra wilson was a riot. my fav from her...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJjQFE3rP-k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJjQFE3rP-k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

five years ago, i would have said that this (show being canceled) sucks, but yeah... the last several years it's been f'awful.

12. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

They should cancel all things Tyler Perry.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You can change the channels with your OTHER hand. ;)

14. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

It had some really funny skits. The only reason SNL is surviving and MadTV is not is because SNL has the the celeb hosts, better musicians, and a way bigger budget to dance up the show.

15. Poloshirtbandit

In Living Color was one of my favorite shows when I was younger. I bought season three on DVD a while back and two things came to mind: why did my parents let me watch this? and it really wasn't that funny.

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

totally agree with you. loved the show. couldnt wait to talk about it with my middle school buddies the next day. watched a few episodes a couple years ago and it wasn't funny at all. upset me. there's still some one-liners that will always be memorable though.

as for madtv, i was never a fan, but was watching an old episode on a JetBlue flight the other day and was laughing my ass off at a spoof commercial for Arliss DVD's.

17. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

"Uh oh...HOT DOG!"

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Agreed.

19. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

I thought they canceled it a long time ago.