1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mad Men Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thabeet, May 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

2. champstocome

champstocome Member

[​IMG]

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

How much WIN was that scene?

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Ok so the combo of things you and I mentioned.
    Yeah I'd forgotten about some of that. Do you own last season on DVD or something like that??

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

“No man has ever come back from leave, not even Napoleon,” - Bert

Some have said that Bert's statement could be prophetic for Don's future in the 2nd half of the last season....

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Thanks for the refresher, forgot about Don and the Jaguar incident.
    I agree that Mad Men is missing a little something from earlier years but I still look forward to the episodes. Stupid how they're breaking it up for so long though.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No... just read the recaps on the interwebs.

As great a show this is, for some reason certain plot points and sequences are easily forgettable!

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But Don's already back. He's won over the people who were under him, then temporarily over him. And he's about to be the man again at the new, independent SC&P, while Lou Avery got yelled at by Cutler ("You're a hired hand!"), and Ted Chaough and Cutler have been effectively neutered (one by his own choice).

However like breaking bad, I don't see a "happy" ending for Don... more likely a fitting one.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I don't either and I could see it setting Don up for a bigger fall but maybe not.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Like I said earlier, tired of things that happen un-happening. Every episode suffers from a case of it. This time, they're rejoining the agency they left and everyone loves Don again. Next episode Joan will probably lose out on $1.5mil and Lane will return from the afterlife.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

If keeping Don means everyone makes millions I can see them being ok with it which is why it wasn't much if a surprise when Cutler agreed to the merger. These are greedy people after all.

12. bobmarley

Ziggy, you should probably stick to helping Scott Bakula get out of sticky situations. Take a Quantum Leap, with all do respect.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Who cares... the agency structure itself is a minor plot point.

Keeping Don in the position to work in advertising and show off his "skils" IS vital to the show, so they'll ensure that no matter what, he's still in the position to do that.

Plus, scenes with Don+Roger have always been solid.... they can't break those two up in any capacity. Looks like they're setting it up where they'll have a lot more interaction with the new/old agency.

14. thabeet

thabeet Member

15. bobmarley

What is everyone's favorite scene of the Simpson from all season? this is mine:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o2uCOJ7kU8A?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You posted a scene from season 1 silly goose

16. thabeet

thabeet Member

haha i meant "all time." whoops.