1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mad Men Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thabeet, May 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Agree about the ending, thought the dance scene was the perfect place to end it but it did kind of keep going....still a very solid episode.

2. the shark

the shark Member

it was the best episode from this season, but that isn't saying much at all given that this season has sucked. One of the best episodes from all the seasons? In my opinion this episode doesn't even crack the top 20.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Anyone else here remember Burger Chef and Jeff?

Didn't realize the chain was based in my hometown. Growing up, they were my favorite burger joint after White Castle.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

No. I'm also starting to barely remember this show being good.

5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I don't care how much anyone dislikes the show this season. I think it is heading in a terrific direction and I am looking forward to part 2 next year with great anticipation.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hear you. Feels like the writers took viewers for granted this half-season. Very blah.

I want the show to end on the right note as much as anyone, but the journey has been boring recently. I'm tired of anticipating where the show is going. Make the here and now epic too.

Probably lasted a season or two too long.

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

This show and this season has been absolutely brilliant. Waiting a year is really going to suck though.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

so no more Megan, right? please?

9. VBG

VBG Member

The scene with Don's secretary was hilarious

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So what the hell did that last scene with Burt mean?

11. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

It's all up in the air maaaaaaaan! ;)

And yes the scene with Don and his secretary was hilarious. When she said, "Not yet." I busted it.

Peggy's pitch was pretty awesome.

It was also funny when Cutler put his arm up at the end also.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Most places are saying it was simply a unique way to send off Robert Morse (a former Broadway actor).

I guess you could also read into Don getting more happiness out of helping Peggy than landing the pitch himself... or that Don has now realized what he needs to make him happy (and its not Megan, or being the boss, or even being the "man" when it comes to sealing the deal in meetings).

After 7 great seasons, the show can pretty much do whatever it wants to... and it did. I don't understand where the complaints about these episodes are coming from... they've still kept the dynamic writing/acting/story-telling, and taken it up a notch when it comes to comedic moments/dramatic flair/and even threw in a three-some.

13. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I agree that even this season is entertaining and a must watch but when compared to the classic seasons like 3 and 4 it is clearly inferior. With that said i am a big mad men fan and will look forward to the next year.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't understand the Joan/Don relationship. They were friends/friendly and now she's completely against him. Was there something specific, or is it all over money.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think she got on him at least once before about being a lone wolf; and considering the circumstances of her partnership and a need to assert herself outside of an accounts capacity she's speaking up in the firm's interests. She dealt somewhat similarly with Roger after he busted the Honda meeting.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They tried to explain it as Don (and the merger) were the reason why SCDP didn't go public, which would have earned the partners (Joan) over a $million each.

I don't think she's completely against him... she just doesn't like him making unpredictable decisions that keep costing her money.

1 person likes this.
  17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The money.
    I believe they lost the account she helped them get(and by getting that, got her partnership) because of Don and so she is mad at him for that.

I may be wrong, I don't recall exactly but I think it's something like that.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Agree w/those saying it wasn't a good season by any means. The finale last night was the best episode so far.

Weiner and AMC probably think they are Breaking Bad esque but they should have just wrapped up the season this year.

1st point. Talking about Weiner, I know AMC make him put out previews for the following weeks episode and he doesn't like that but come on. Just don't even bother putting out previews if you're gonna put out the trash he puts out and they call previews(or i guess they call it scenes) from next weeks episode. Just trash. One scene and sentence here, one scene and sentence there.

2nd point. I love Pete Campbell. Personally I feel he was the MVP this and last season even w/o as much screen time as Don, Ted, Roger, etc.
    Every scene with him lately is just greatness. His lines are almost always gold.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yeah just went back and reviewed it... it was from last season's episode "For Immediate Release" (one of the stronger episodes over the last few years).

Don got mad at the fat guy from Jaguar for being as awful as he is... the one that Joan was coerced to sleep with in order to land the account.... and that cost them the Jaguar account. Joan delivers the scathing line to him, "honestly, If I could deal with him... you could deal with him."

Prior to that, the firm was about to go public and had been valued at a rate that would have made all the partners over a million. Without the Jaguar account, that was off the table (but it also coincided with them getting the chance to go after Chevy).

Lastly, the merger that happened at the end of the episode put everything on hold.

20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Two things, I think. One was just a nice send off for Bert, as a tribute to the actor and character with the kind of thing Morse was apparently known for.

The other was the realization for Don that they had lost something major in Bert. I think it was the first time he'd actually stopped and felt the weight of Cooper's death since Roger called him. I mean, he's walking away from Bert's memorial to go work when it happens. It kind of all leads to the idea that there are things in life that matter more than others or are outside of the day to day things we do...I don't know if that's something that will change his approach to work, but I'm not sure I think that's what they were going for. Either way I think Hamm really sold it there with the look on his face as Cooper is fading back into the office and the door closes.

I think this has been the best season since 4. (so far)

She basically sold herself to the Jaguar guy for the account and partnership, only to have Don drop the account without consulting anyone. It also led to the merger which stopped the firm from going public and kept Joan from becoming a millionaire (or at least very rich) after she became a partner.