1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mad Men Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thabeet, May 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Ginsberg is/was a weird mfer.

I hated the manner in which they wrote Don returning to SCDP and agreeing to all the conditions imposed on him before he could return to work there.

That threesome doe... :grin: That was a nice scene to add in.

2. ferrari77

Here you go breh, just for you. It has ALL the pics you would want to see

http://tiny.cc/xyurfx

No thx needed.

1 person likes this.
  3. ferrari77

^That was for you Swoly. Hope it helps :)

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's the mid-late 1960's for you. It happened more often than some might think.

5. rawool

rawool Member

I wish this show was on HBO. :grin:

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek:

DEAR LORD... I might just break the NO FAP-a-thon. :grin:

THANKS. That was clever.

7. ferrari77

Lolz. Youve got Mrs Swoly-D. No need to be fapping to the Mad Men ladies.
    Get yo mind right breh!:)

8. ferrari77

Moments like those from last night's episode are when I wish it was on HBO too. Damn you AMC!

9. SwoLy-D

You are absolutely correct, but she doesn't mind if I train to control my appetite somewhere else as long as I eat at home! ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

By the way, 1-2 episodes ago, it seemed like Don and Megan were done completely. Then they pickup this latest episode with her happy to hear from him? I didn't get it.

11. SwoLy-D

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I was just as confused by that as you were. No explanation, they were just fine all the sudden, sort of.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think there was a decent time-gap between that episode and this past one.

1. The computer is totally installed, up-and-running, and with the way Ginsberg refers to it, he's been hearing the "humming" for some time now. "Its turning everybody homo!"
    2. Don has kept up his sober act long enough to not only finish the tags for the burger chef account, which now is in the media/marketing stage of development... but he's also working on new work and has peggy requesting him for other accounts (indicating that enough time has passed for him to suck it up, get over the demotion, and still turn in quality work).

And in the end, there's really not much to Megan's character to suggest she'd ever be able to hold a grudge or stay mad for long. How many of your guys' significant others stay mad at you for weeks on end? They usually get over it... and I think Megan gets over it faster than most (albeit with the help of drugs, parties, and threesomes).

That being said, the threesome was not a sign of them doing well... it was more of a last-ditch effort for her to win him over, which she clearly didn't (as he was more concerned about coffee and crashing the meeting the next morning).

14. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Last nights episode was the best of the season. Maybe even one of the best of the series.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It was good. But again, the same things keep rehappening. They land Chevy, huge deal, yay. They lose Chevy, oh no. They get another car, yay. Don stops drinking and cheating, he's drinking and cheating, he stops again, he starts. Pete is whiny and miserable, he's happy and easy going, he's whiny and miserable again. Nothing that happens.... happens.

But yeah, definitely a great episode.

16. thabeet

thabeet Member

Why did they have to make Harry Crane partner? Because they lost Chevy and need new business? Just a few episodes ago in the partners meeting he was "gone" per Roger.

that don and peggy dance scene. I am still not sure what to make of that relationship.

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

family

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Harry was the driving force behind the new computer... and Cutler has had a 180 on him because of that. Additionally, its always been implied that Crane fosters a ton of business with his media relations,and is vital to the agency's operations... but he hasn't been made partner because of office politics. Also, he was the only one ballsy enough to call out Joan for how she got her partnership, thus the reason why she's against him.

I thought it was a good episode... but also thought it should/could have ended with that dance scene. It got dragged out a couple of scenes more, and then it ends with the three of them eating at Burger Chef like its been all good/fun/chummy times (thought it was pretty corny... but then again, I think they're setting up something more "tragic" next week, thus the reason for making this episode more campy).

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The ending at Burger Chef was symbolism. It symbolizes the beginning of the end of America. The dawn of diabetes, heart disease and big pharm killing off lemmings. Happiness is family time and high cholesterol.

20. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Earlier in the episode Peggy was lamenting that things aren't like they try and portray them. Where are all the smiling families.

And here you have Don, whose marriage is done but acting like things aren't done. Peggy who has always had a difficulty with her family and men, and Pete who can't seem to hold a relationship together are all together as a family.

And that is what Mad Men is really all about. SC&P is one big broken family.