1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MacMahon] Why the Houston Rockets are going all-in on their 'very painful' rebuild

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... classic good networking and I don't doubt that they also get along well. They both came from pampered backgrounds and they both were some what people that followed their own drum.

FWIW Tilman is nice in person as long as you don't work for him.

SamFisher, treyk3 and jch1911 like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

More pr bs by tilman and his beat writer.

Folks that buy into this garbage r probably the same folks that believed tilman when he said he was gonna go all in and do whatever it took to win a ring with harden.

Proceeds to bring John wall and cousins as reinforcement.

Harden left in the shttiest way possible but all along tilman wanted to rebuild bc its cheaper

YOLO likes this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

The comment was that they are talking about a "very painful" period while vacationing on a yacht. To anyone with a brain, they were clearly talking about the losing being painful for the franchise, not their lifestyle. The people equating the two and taking it out of context just have an axe to grind against the rich and blame them for everything, it is sad because that's not what this country is about. The land of opportunity is about opportunity to become whatever you want and more room to climb the social ladder than anywhere else on earth. This used to be celebrated, now it is demonized. When my family came to this country we lived in the basement of another family. When I got out of college and came to NYC to work I lived in a townhouse cramped with four other families, and my bed room was a literal closet. We own buildings now in Manhattan. I am proud of how far we have come and I am proud of the country that makes it possible. It's gross watching kids theses days instead of aspiring to be better, rather b**** about everything and tear things down.

#103 CXbby, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    Nook likes this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Tilman sucks.

He is a leech of a human being and makes everything he is apart of worse.

Go Rockets.

YOLO likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

If you don’t find humor in the 26 year old son of a multi billionaire on a 150 million dollar yacht telling people about sacrifices and things being painful, then I don’t know what to tell you.

While I agree that Sam has an axe to grind, it sounds like you do too talking about “these kids today” being “gross” and taking a humorous joke too serious.

Also as an aside, I came from nothing. I was homeless at one point growing up and I now make more money than 95% of Americans. I did that with hard work, luck and help from the people around me. Tilman Fertitta is worth over 3 billion dollars, he can treat and pay his employees better than he has - he said he did his employees a favor laying them off so they could collect government benefits you and I pay for.

That’s all I have to say about the subject. If you want we can discuss it in the hangout.

luckyman76, CXbby and SamFisher like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Dude you make one joke about somebody's 4th and largest superyacht - and all of a sudden it's an Amway IBO conference/Dave Ramsey book.

Incidentally I read a great substack essay about the similarities in Crypto/web3 hypesters and classic 80's Amway MLM'ing yesterday, which made me think of the Rhinos & Cows line these guys are coming at you with.

Nook likes this.