1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MacMahon] Why the Houston Rockets are going all-in on their 'very painful' rebuild

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's not possible for one to believe this in good faith because the "self-made" part is literally a lie, or at best an exaggeration, unless you somehow believe future Tillman invents a time machine to go back in time to 1908 and ensure he's born into the Maceo-Fertitta family, Biff-style from Back to the Future

Honestly i could care less about how the Fertitta family got their money before Tillman was born - nobody cares about gambling in Galveston in the 20's. I mean the Queen of England's ultimate forefathers were just "best Normans at killing people en masse" in 1066.bL She can't do anything about that.

But being a scion of a wealthy and powerful family is, generally, and according to science, a really big deal! Ask the Rockets GM. So it's weird that you and others feel the need to cover it up or erase it.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

We're so good honestly, it's a dynasty in the making. Green, Sengun, Garuba and Christopher are not just talented, they all happen to be winners despite the losing environment. 2-3 more picks, 1-2 FA's and we're super solid.

coachbadlee and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. shinjirod

shinjirod Member

Speaking of rebuilds…

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I chuckled, I admit it.....as I have so much hate for Donald Trump and his con job on the American people.....thus the "Never Trump" in my avatar block.....but well played, it got me to LOL.

DD

5. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

Haha...my man. I knew you'd bring the knowledge. But this is not what you meant by hereditary wealth when you were talking about Patrick. I don't like them so I hate feeling like I'm defending them but I don't like ideologues using my favorite team as a political punching bag either even if the owner sucks. I have been reading you for 21 years and am sure we don't align but if you owned the team I'd defend you too. About this much...so barely.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No shade, KPJ...we all good.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i saw no improvement in sengun, if anything i saw sengun regression under silas regime...he is the same player he was on his first day and perhaps worse because silas made him into a 3 pt chucker and he cant even hit them at a decent rate

DaDakota likes this.
  8. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Lakers Get: Kyrie, Nwaba, Schroeder (S&T)
    Nets Get: Ayton,Westbrook (Buyout), THT, KMJ, Reeves (3 HOU 1sts via BKN), 2027 Lakers 1st
    Suns Get: Claxton (S&T), EG, #17 via HOU
    Rockets Get: KD

Wall
    Green
    KD
    Paolo
    Sengun

Sue me. I miss winning.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Like I said before, there's nothing political about lol'ing about a bunch of billionaires and billion-heirs talking about struggle on a superyacht floating down the Thames by Tower Bridge, it just is what it is!

DaDakota likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

How’d u see all that while barely watching the team play?

sirjesse likes this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Funny, my dad and half-brothers were all born and raised on Galveston. The article you shared brought back memories as they had all talked about this when I was kid, but I didn't pay much attention to it. I've lived in 5 other countries (besides USA), all of them had criminal elements that control elicit activities and funneled that money through legitimate businesses. I imagine its true for the majority of countries on this planet. Its part of the way of the world and has been that way for centuries.

Now back to our draft!

12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2022-6-23_13-52-57.gif

13. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Now there is a reason to trade for Kyrie. Get Durant to leave and another five years of top five lotto picks.:eek:

hopefully someone else in the league does us a flat earther solid.

luckyman76 and SamFisher like this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He saw his photo.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

This is the 150 million dollar yacht that Tilman recently bought. I would assume it is the one he is in London on.

[​IMG]

luckyman76 likes this.
  16. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Truth hurts. This is gonna be the longest rebuild in sports history.

17. Nook

Nook Member

First off..... there are less communists in America now that at just about any time.

Second, I don't think anyone has an issue with TF opening a business and being wealthy. The issue is that he treats his employees like **** while he vacations on a $150,000,000 yacht and has a 3 billion dollar portfolio. t

Things do not have to be absolute.

jch1911 and luckyman76 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

FWIW McMahon and Tilman go back a long way to when McMahon was working for some crappy paper in Dallas. He has done pieces that the Rockets have wanted done before.... I am a little surprised that McMahon included the part about 26 year old Patrick being on his fathers yacht and talking to people about sacrificing..... as it isn't a good look - but maybe Patrick and his old man think it makes them look cool.

jch1911, luckyman76 and treyk3 like this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

MacMahon also was the two chopper Tilman author.

My guy is making Tilman look like Gatsby.

Nook likes this.
  20. Xopher

Xopher Member

Here is what I wonder. What happens if the team turns out to to be semi-decent? Are Stone and Silas going to engineer a tank for a great draft position next year or are they going to let the team perform as best they can and wind up with the 8th pick (for example)