1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MacMahon] Harden could be suspended for violating Covid protocols

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

J.R. likes this.
  2. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Can’t they just sue Harden? Maybe they’ll create a new “Harden” rule in the future.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Because he knows that at some point the Rockets will cut their loses, teams always do. Also it makes it more likely that he goes to the team he wants to go to. As far as being a super spreader, he had it this summer so my guess is that he is not concerned about getting it again. Remember, Harden wore face masks to the bubble, etc........ he knows exactly what he is doing, he is making it clear to the Rockets that he isn't going to change his mind, he doesn't have confidence in a Fertitta owner team and will force himself to be traded.

Fans have every right to be upset, because they are stuck in the middle of all of this. I am surprised that Harden agreed to play starting the season, because that is essentially the leverage he has. The Rockets leverage is to not play him and suspend him. However, he is worth like a half billion dollars so that won't stop him.

The NBA with Adam Silver and the owners have created this monster of Leonard, Davis and Harden being able to do anything they want without consequences. I am not going to single out Harden any more than the others....... but the league has let it get to this point.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

10000%

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You are right, it isn't rocket science, but I don't keep up with pop culture nor fashion, so I had no clue about those things. I guess I could of researched, but that's why I come to Clutchfans, so I don't always have to look up everything on my own ;). I'm with you on the xmas stuff.

csc177 and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

NewThe video is over a week old anyway so thats long enough to recover anyway and why the NBA wait til game day to investigate something don't

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

2pm6y1.jpg

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I disagree. I think Harden does love to play so much that being forced to sit would kill him. Yah the money aspect doesn't mean a lot when you already got 100MM in the bank, but to be forced to watch from home and to hear the league talk about Luka Luka Luka and move on from Harden, that would killlll him inside, I think.

There were earlier reports about other team execs wanting something to be done about this to send a message.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

not if the party was on the 21st

10. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

What he is doing is endangering lives during a pandemic. What he is doing is actively encouraging a stance against public health. The optics of this will not be well received by us for sure. But what will other front offices think when they see these videos. Will they be willing to put up with the pr fallout or worse suspensions and loss of draft capital if harden will likely keep up with these antics through the season. A grown 31 year old man has decided he doesn’t care about a pandemic and needs to get his rocks off. If this is about leverage then he’s a selfish ******* for flagrantly violating public health policies. The same outcome would’ve happened if he just refused to show to camp. He eouldve kept a lot of his supporters in his camp. If he put the light squarely on Tillman’s inability to spend for him his PR would’ve been favorable. Now he’s alienated his fans NBA front offices, and the general population

joshuaao, Nook, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

The league will have to step in to stop it, the Rockets likely will not because they do not want to alienate Harden anymore than is the case.

The reality is that the Rockets are going to end up trading Harden and the fans are going to be furious at how little the Rockets get in return.

Sweet Lou 4 2, joshuaao and J Sizzle like this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

GradyMcTracy and BigShasta like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean if the video is a week old then that means it is old enough for him to be cleared...how do you know that though?

14. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Nook, I like your posts, man, and you make valid points. I am not addressing your opinions except for when you said, "See exactly why he is doing what he is" What he is doing is acting like spoiled brat who will still gets paid six figures each game or every time he doesn't or does come to work. What he is doing is tanking his value, and not realizing he still has two years on his contract. The Rockets can play the waiting game with him and I hope they fine him severely. His childish actions really don't help him to get traded, in my opinion. If they do than we have an incompetent front office.

I was on the fence about how I felt about Harden. Now, I am just disappointed that a grown as* man acts like this. When I was in the military (we have contracts, too), I had to show up to work. I couldn't just not feel like it and instead put my face in some nasty stripper's butt-cheeks. Even being late for work could cause severe repercussions. He plays a dam* game and gets paid a lot for it (yes the market decides this) yet other people, all of us, have to show up to work on time and ready to work. This guy is a clown with a dirty beard who uses it to hide how big his dam* head is.

Edit: My best edit ever. butt instead of but. Carry on.

Lar, JumpMan, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If it comes out that this new video predates his birthday party with Lil’ Baby, great. I’ll be thrilled that Harden is now handling the situation like a professional, and he isn’t putting his teammates and coaches in a bind by getting himself suspended for not following the rules.

However, I disagree that missing the start of practice because he was caught at a club not wearing a mask while celebrating his friend’s birthday is no big deal from a team perspective. By deliberately breaking the NBA’s COVID-19 protocols, he subjected himself to a six-day quarantine which put him behind schedule in learning his new coach’s offensive and defensive schemes and developing chemistry with his many new teammates. I’m sorry, but that doesn’t play well in any locker room. I’m willing to move past it, but if this current video gets him suspended, he deserves all the **** he’s going to take.

Finally, if Westbrook had not been traded and continued to not show up to training camp or actual games, he would have been hated by those Rockets’ fans that still liked him for screwing over their favorite team. Yes, it’s true he got his wish before it ever came to that.

joshuaao likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Other front offices really will not care if they believe he is doing so out of wanting to be traded. It will likely run off teams that Harden doesn't want to play for, but that is about it. He has COVID 4-5 months ago, he isn't concerned about getting it or spreading it, that much is obvious. The team that ends up with Harden isn't going to really have a PR situation, there isn't going to be a massive backlash outside of jilted Rockets fans.

Before Harden wanted to be traded, he wore a mask.... this isn't coincidence and teams around the league know that.

What has happened is playoff teams that Harden doesn't have a strong desire to play for will back off out of fear of him repeating the behavior. However teams like the Sixers and Heat and other elite teams that Harden wants to play for will still be interested, but know they will not have to trade as much to get him because the market is smaller.

Harden is not a stupid person, these have not been coincidences and the timing isn't coincidental either. He wants to be traded, and there are a select group of teams he wants to play for and he will do every thing possible to play for them....... and if he wins a title, like Leonard did or AD, all will be forgiven in the larger sports world.

DonKnock, joshuaao, csc177 and 4 others like this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, the league may need to come down hard on him if he is able to play this game with the Rockets. Why not take it like a player that violates drug policies? Go ahead and tell him, you do this again and you will be suspended for a year, or something to that effect. I'm just saying for a league that is taking the COVID situation pretty damn seriously (AND PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF COVID, I DON'T CARE, TAKE IT TO THE D&D).

joshuaao and Nook like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

I disagree, he will be traded and quicker than otherwise. He can sabotage the entire season for the Rockets and the organization does not want that. They moved on from Westbrook quickly once it became clear he wouldn't cooperate. The Rockets have wanted Harden to play and according to their own beat writer, likely be a Rocket the entire season..... the way for Harden to speed up the process of being traded is to act out. Fans don't have to like it, and shouldn't....... but that is exactly what is going on.

Watch and see, the Rockets will trade him and get far less for him than what fans are going to expect.

francis 4 prez and DonKnock like this.
  19. sheb

sheb Member

Kawai did it because he felt the trainers weren’t doing their job correctly. It could of been an excuse, but coming off an injury he played it smart. NBA let this slide.

AD wanted to keep playing, the Pelicans wanted to bench him because they knew he was fragile. NBA let this slide.

Harden is partying during a global pandemic that’s killing thousands of people in the US every day. What an idiot. What will the NBA do ?

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not a good look at all. Maybe he thought he was going to get traded. I don't know. That was a bad move for sure, but it was still TWO PRACTICE SESSIONS. He still came back and had great practices with the team and played in two preseason games (one more than Russell Westbrook played with his new team in DC). And he looked good. I'm not saying it was good or justified but the reaction from media and from fans was overboard in my opinion.

I THINK he wants out. But again, I think there is a lot of exaggeration and inconsistencies with the reporting.

Nook likes this.