1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Macaroni and Cheese conspiracy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Houstunna, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Ethnicity? IDK...
    but sounds like restaurants disappointed you early, then gave up completely.

2. Houstunna

Supporting Member

If you do box, roll with Velveeta. They have a 2% Milk version with less fat.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

No they don't.

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

Denny's? lol please tell me you guys don't eat that crap

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Okay, I knew we had beer snobs and bbq snobs here....but mac and cheese snobs too?

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This thread had me really craving for some a1 Mac and Cheese. Really wishing that I would've added broccoli to it:

[​IMG]

#46 HR Dept, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Same here, ALWAYS get that and the fried fish and a baked potato :cool: Love that place

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Would never eat Mac and cheese that's not homemade. All tastes the same, watery pasta.

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Wouldn't say all the same, but watery pasta is close. Went to Jus Mac on Westheimer yesterday (got the Buffalo Chicken), it was good, but really because of the toppings. It was sodium overload and was very good. You needed the poor mac for balance lol. It's better than most places, but Velveeta is better. Wasn't fresh and wasn't all that cheesy. Plain mac at Alfreda's is better. Maybe it was a bad day for them. Will return regardless lol, because the toppings are NICE. Toppings probably drive the menu.

Don't expect much from restaurants. Ruby Tuesday was the best, but has an asterisk. You mentioned homemade, that's the way to go. People have told me since this thread. Makes sense. Boil noodles (you can get extravagant with quality of pasta), then add as much REAL cheese and milk as you want. Bake it too. Most restaurants aren't trying to spend money on mac.

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Just stick to Velveeta Shells and Cheese. That stuff is addictive.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm not a very big fan of Jus Mac. Rather than making the drive sometimes I just use wet concrete to close up my *******.