1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lynn McHale to Morey : Save your crocodile tears

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 19, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Pretty sure it was her account. It was active/interacting with legit Rockets-associated accounts long before this incident.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

yes...Joel blank tweeted yesterday.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean KM got canned unfairly. People who say he can't coach are laughable.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He'll never be a Championship coach which is what this team needs. Hopefully JB is that guy.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't know why you say that. The only mistake he made was not to bench Harden this season when his defense and effort became invisible.

6. ibm

ibm Member

how many "championship coach(es)" are there in the league? if every team is entitled to a "championship coach", then most teams will fire their hc's without having one.

otoh, does this team have the "championship talent"?

7. cebu

cebu Member

She converted her twitter account to Ashley Madison.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Feel free to tear up the severance checks, Lynn.

Now, that's interesting. I'd love to believe Harden quit on McHale. Because that explanation would mean that with McHale out the door, Harden can just turn himself back on, instead of struggling to repair what appeared to be his collapsed game.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This. Haha. Worst nightmare for any housewife is for her husband to be home everyday.

That being said, many diehard Rockets fans including myself agree. The means was wrong (firing due to lack of ability to motivate the team 11 games in), but the end was desirable. McHale wasn't winning a championship for this Rockets team, but there was enough talent on this team for one to be won. Now with Bickerstaff, we have some young blood, young ideas, and the potential for an actual offensive gameplan. The ceiling on our postseason performance has just been lifted.

10. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I wonder how many bottles of wine she had.

11. pass_to_Hakeem

Set her straight on what? If you think Harden and Lawson and those guys were playing hard this year and NOT TO BLAME for their awesome 5-7 record then she have you been. McHale shouldn't have been the scapegoat for these lazy, underperforming egocentric overpaid athletes walking up and down the court s D turning the ball over every 5 seconds like they worked in a bakery!!! **** THAT NOISE!!! The owner should of had his back!!!

12. pass_to_Hakeem

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The best thing is . . . if we don't reach the WCF this year, we have an extensive record of all the basketball idiots who thought firing McHale was the answer.

14. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

7 pages of vitriol just because a wife had the galls to stand up for her husband.

Really, ClutchFans?

Really?

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I am really sad today to see this. People treat McHale as the root of all what ails the Rockets. He is not. He took this bunch that was EXPECTED to finish at best the 8th seed after losing Parsons, and despite record injury time, took a team to the WCF. That is coaching genius.

And after 11 games in because his star decided to be a diva and not feel like playing defense he gets run out of town. It's a travesty. The ENTIRE NBA is mocking the organization. We're losing respect amongst everyone including future free agents. Firing McHale doesn't make McHale look bad, it makes Harden look bad, it makes Morey look bad and it makes Les look bad.

Not a great time to be a Rockets fan - if you thought the 4-7 start was the lowest point of the last few years, I'd say this is my lowest point as a fan. I'm so disappointed by how people are celebrating and acting like McHale did nothing last year and prancing on his firing.

I've been a fan of this team across 4 decades but today is the first time I don't feel all that great about being a fan.

Like I said, McHale did one thing wrong - he didn't call Harden out or bench his ass. Phil Jackson was the master - he'd use the media to do things. If McHale went to the media and said, "well right now Harden isn't motivated to put defensive effort right now" you bet it would have gotten Harden to respond on the court.

#135 Sweet Lou 4 2, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    2 people like this.
  16. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Just a different spin - Maybe, just maybe, McHale got a free ride these past seasons because of Harden's outstanding MVP caliber ISO play.
    Maybe McHale never had a clue and was constantly bailed out.
    Now Harden has been under performing (in some games) McHale's finally been caught out because he didn't have the answer.

1 person likes this.
  17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Why we keep giving these people a voice is beyond me. First Lil B, then SAS now Lynn Mchale. We should just make a thread called "People who currently hate the Rockets" and keep it in there.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, maybe, just maybe, Harden's gonna blow past the WCF now that he has a real coach. Let's wait and see if you're right!

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Who turned Harden into an MVP type player by believing in him and setting up for success? Who grew players like Parsons. Why does Lowry credit McHale as being his greatest mentor? Why do some many players develop and become better under McHale and want to play for him again? Why does Kevin Love want to play for him again?

Maybe, just maybe, you have no clue what you are talking about.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

McHale is good for development, that's fine and dandy when you are trying to make the Playoffs. Rockets have higher aspirations now.