1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head - What is in his NBA Future?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TraocyMcMingy, Oct 11, 2008.

?

What is in Luther Head's future?

1. Starter

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Back Up

90 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. 11th or 12th Man

54 vote(s)
    28.4%
  4. Out of the league in 3 years

40 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. TraocyMcMingy

TraocyMcMingy Member

I think he is the 2nd worst player in the league. Aaron Brooks is the worst. Head is a midget just like David Wesley was. Luther is a disgrace to basketball, and he will never make it in this league.

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

They suck so bad that they're on a team that won 22 games last year, going to contend for a title this year etc... you have a flawed logic my friend. Try watching the Hawks or Bobcats and you'll see we have pretty damn good players.

3. AAAproduction1

how old are you? 12

4. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

5. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

You think Brooks is the worst player in the league? I wouldn't even say he's the worst player on our team.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

you're an idiot. you're also insinuating that David Wesley was a bad player. moron

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

8. yobod

yobod Member

This is why people under the age of 16 should not be allowed to post on the internet. Please, for the love of God, lock this thread, and teach the OP a thing or two about basketball.

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

IBTL!! We should start a poll on who is the worst thread starter in the BBS. You would be an overwhelming favorite.

10. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

i dont even want to know what your other 10 posts were

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Wow, Luther head is a decent player. He may not make the best decisions all the time or make the great passes and such. But, he can hit the 3 ball, finish at the basket, occasionally dunk, run the break, he has speed and heart coupled with a good work ethic. He didn't show up in the postseason against Utah--but that does not mean that we can't use him--even if that means as part of a trade package later on. He is now and will continue to be a contributor in this league and he will improve.

Brooks will be a great player, especially with experience and better decision making which comes with time and experience. He is fast, can finish at the hole, drain the 3, and hit free throws. He just has to use speed to compensate for his size and get help on D.

#11 Tfor3, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  12. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This upcoming year will be Head's 4th year in the league. To guarantee that he will play 3 more years means that he will have a longer career than a lot of the players in the NBA, I dunno how many but I'm going to guess half at least. I'd say it's no condemnation on his career if he's out of the league by 2011-2012. Just a natural part of the business.

At this point for Luther Head, you are what you are. He's not going to be changing much, and as long as there's a backup job that requires good shooting and no mandate on performing in the playoffs, he'll be in the NBA. My guess is that he'll be replaced by younger faster and more accurate players by the time three years from now rolls around.

14. Yak

Yak Member

Luther Head is a quality THIRD-STRING SG.

Let's leave it at that.

15. Possum

Possum Member

Luther Head is so good the great Stevie Franchise cant get off the bench!

16. Breaker

Breaker Member

Most ignorant post ever.

Revoke this guy membership status. He doesn't deserve the abilities to make his own thread.

17. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Ron Artest should teach you something about RESPECT.

18. TraocyMcMingy

TraocyMcMingy Member

so far 16 people have agreed he will be out of the league. obviously my opinions arent just mine

19. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I disagree, He can't hit the 3, and he misses so many layups its embarrassing. He does have speed but doesn't take adv of it. its not just against Utah, he sucked all last season.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Dont even know why I'm bothering with this thread....

Head is expendable for the Rockets. Lacks too much in height and point guard skills. And his ABYSMAL playoff performances would make almost any player get themselves shipped out.

But it doesnt mean he has no future in the league. He was selected (for whatever reason) to the Olympic Select squad to help train the "Redeem" Team. So SOMEBODY out there sees some kinda skill in him. A lower-tier team like the Clippers or Bobcats could always use a cheap, semi serviceable player.